The Visitor

The Visitor

A Story by Anya
"

"I could hear loud breathing for a moment or two before it spoke..."

"

Midnight was not the best time in the world to be home alone. I hugged the pillow to my chest, trying to concentrate on Dr Who. It was a repeat that I had watched one too many times; I parted my lips to mimic the actor’s words. The phone rang. I jumped about a foot in the air then crashed on to the sofa. I scolded myself for being so silly and let the phone ring, once, twice, and again and again till the shrill rings subsided to the automatic answer phone.

“Your call can not be taken at the moment” came the lady’s voice “So please leave a message after the tone” the tone came and I could hear loud breathing for a moment or two before it spoke.

“Jen… Jen, I know your there.” I jumped again at the sound of my name. I listened hard; the voice wasn’t one I recognised. “Jen, Come and answer the door” at that moment there came several loud knocks. I froze, my whole body rigid. I swallowed.

“Jen? Come here now and open the door, I know you’re in there” I felt my body slowly get up and move towards the hall way. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears.

“…that’s a good girl.” The voice encouraged. I looked around, startled, as I unwillingly walked towards the front door. There was a figure, outlined in the opaque glass, a dark, undefined shape.

“Come on now… a little further” it crooned, I stopped moving

“Jen?” The voice sounded hurt, bewildered “I need you to open the door”

“No” I whispered “I can’t”

“Oh but you must” sang the voice “you must Jen. Come on there’s a girl, open the door!” it was getting more frustrated “That’s it, just reach out a hand”

I extended my right arm, it was shaking. I slowly twisted the lock, feeling the cool metal against my hand, it clicked and I started.

“Now just push the door open” It demanded. I pushed, the glass misting at the touch of my finger tips, and the figure was revealed.

“Hello, Jen” it mused and I screamed…

© 2009 Anya


Author's Note

Anya
Dr Who is a long running program, shown in the UK, about aliens and monsters :)
Thanks for reading :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on May 17, 2009

Author

Anya
Anya

The UK



About
Well.... My name's Anya... that's a start. I love spiders, heights and physics.... yeeeeeah, I don't really! I can't stand spiders or heights or..... I have a distinct passion against physics (don'.. more..

Writing
Andrew Andrew

A Story by Anya


Forever Never Forever Never

A Story by Anya