The theater

The theater

A Story by Anya

My heart was drumming against my chest and I chewed my lip.

“You okay?” someone whispered in a low voice, tapping me on my back. I nodded slowly and swallowed, unable to speak. I was okay… just. My whole body trembled with fear. But excitement and a sense of wonder weaved in and out of the fear like silk ribbons. I wore a satin black cape. The smooth material rubbing against my arms calmed my thudding heart a little. The beautiful cape was studded in rows of feathers. Each as soft and as beautifully formed as the next. I breathed slowly, focusing on each breath.

“Your on” the same voice whispered. I jumped out from backstage, startling the audience. I began by telling a gripping tale of a fight, large and ferocious, my heart hammering. The little girl who stood before me gasped then we started our dancing questions and I felt my breath catch in my throat as the moments billowed up. My breath came out in short gasps as I told of the little boy, lost and found by the Princess of the lilies. My heart whirled as I spoke of my sweetheart, hands clamped to my breast, my sighing a little shaky. I twirled in the lights encircling us, crying out for my sweetheart to come and save me. I was sobbing, real tears rolling down my cheeks.

 

Then the moment ended. I wasn’t the saviour after all. I looked out across rows of faces, shadowed in darkness and I shivered, tossing my hair, gathering my cape around me. I bid the little girl farewell, kissed my sweetheart and danced out of the fading lights.

 

A tremendous cheer went up. Hands were raining down on my back like small rocks. My head was spinning. People were moving all around me, flooding out onto the stage for the curtain call. I stayed behind. I was last on. I stepped out onto the stage my heart still thudding and raised my hands above my head. A huge cheer filled the theatre. I allowed myself a small smile then went to stand with the rest of the cast. I sighed, but contentedly this time and took my bow with everyone else.

© 2009 Anya


Author's Note

Anya
something I did a while ago... my grammar has an interesting knack of making no sense :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on May 23, 2009

Author

Anya
Anya

The UK



About
Well.... My name's Anya... that's a start. I love spiders, heights and physics.... yeeeeeah, I don't really! I can't stand spiders or heights or..... I have a distinct passion against physics (don'.. more..

Writing
Andrew Andrew

A Story by Anya


Forever Never Forever Never

A Story by Anya