A thousand years old man

A thousand years old man

A Story by Yanal
"

Please read carefully and tell me what you think in complete honesty

"
Scars .... wounds ..... a thousand years old ... gray and black ... dead eyes and dead looks . With a hole for a heart .

That's how my soul looks inside .. desperate to die .. desperate to live
Got tired of hoping .. Got tired of whishing and most importantly.. got tired of remembering. It's alot of memories to remember when you're my age  , alot of colorless feelings that once were prettier than rivers of rainbows that used to run through my veins.  Those old veins of mine are about to dry out , i wonder how they are not dry yet since my heart corrosed long time ago , yet veins are not dry
But i highly doubt that what's runnig through them is blood , even if it is it's not red at least .

 wavering to fall , but not falling yet , old as life , not dead yet , gray , not black yet .  Living on the verges between life and death , not in eaither !

Life , joy , happiness,  love , satisfaction,  and many more are the scars that filled my body , regrets , pain , suffering,  resentment , are the ever bleeding wounds , i keep wondering how could someone like this bleed ?! And keep on bleeding , untill he dryes out !

That is the price our old man had to pay ,is paying , will pay , untill the end of time , but never mistake our old man for being weak , he survived every and each  time he got wounded , he stood back up every time he fell , when his legs crumbled  he used whatever was around him to keep his proud body from touching the ground , when his eyes betrayed him , he clinged on to whatever voice he was hearing , not to lose foucus , and when his heart finally failed him , he stood his ground and clinged on to life so bad , he may have died , but his remains didn't,  that empty body is all that there is , that dark pounding  hole , that curse . That proud body , those agonizing wounds , the remarkable scars , those are his trophies that he won fair and square after every battle he had , they are well earned , our old man deserves nothing but respect .

Remember when your sword used to cut through steel , when a swing of that sword could defeat armies , going toe to toe with the biggest villans of life and coming back alive everytime , those images will never leave my soul ,

What's dead may never die , one more , one more fight , one more step , one more breath , one more blink , you've been ashes for too long , burn ! Burn with life once and for all , Burn my dear Warrior , we were never meant to cold out , burn ! We will never drop that dull sword , burn ! Burn And heal your wounds with that fire , burn and color your blood ! Burn and live again .

© 2018 Yanal


Author's Note

Yanal
Make sure you're in a good mode before you read , be honest , all feed back is much appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on August 6, 2018
Last Updated on August 6, 2018
Tags: Dark, philosophy, depression, hope, fantasy, art, peom

Author

Yanal
Yanal

Amman, Amman , Jordan



About
Still a new writer , been writing for a couple of years , influenced by fernando pessoa and philosophy more..