covered in black

covered in black

A Poem by Yheela

there never was anyone else. that heart of yours. covered in black. sang only of one name. and one name only. the pain you carry. must never be seen. for that is the cross you chose to bear. with eyes where the tears ran dry. you look out on to the world. where everyone pretends life goes on. they must pretend. life cannot continue. not without that laughter. or those eyes. or the way that hair caught the wind. none of that will ever be again. and the world cannot go on. yet it does. and you closed your heart. closed in on the pain. cut through life as if it was your enemy. for what else could it be. when it took away your reason to breathe. you changed yourself. but no one could see. for the blackness had to cover the truth. you did love once. you truly loved. and you did love all the way. to your last breath. uncovering your black heart. revealing the red inside.

© 2012 Yheela


Author's Note

Yheela
This is for Sev and Lily.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This sounds so sad and final and brutal. You write with an urgency that calls the reader to account and demands attention.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yheela

11 Years Ago

Thank you.
It IS about something final and brutal - death is never pretty.
John Alexander McFadyen

11 Years Ago

No never.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 13, 2012
Last Updated on September 13, 2012

Author

Yheela
Yheela

Gotene, Sweden



About
Reader, geek, published poet and author, gamer, nerd, mom, lazy, N7, wannabe, kind, Browncoat, ironic, Borderlander, crafty and a lot more ... ~*~ more..

Writing
Empty spaces Empty spaces

A Poem by Yheela