Cold Tea

Cold Tea

A Story by Yheela

When I pack my things I happen to tip my tea cup, cold tea runs down the table and on to my jeans, I look down at the stain and sigh heavily.

“Just great." I murmur and grab a pile of napkins and try to wipe the worst off.

"Hey." Marcus’ greeting makes me look up from the stain, immediately a blush covers my face. Elise and Tess greet him, but then focus on getting their things packed.

"Hi, I spilled my tea." My inner voice sighs desperately, shaking her head at me. Good job Sandra, say something even more stupid, making him flee to the beautiful blonde! I smile, blushing even more, and wish he would just leave. "On to my pants." I add. As if it weren’t obvious.

"Bummer." He smiles his crooked smile and my brain shuts off completely.

"Coming Marky Mark?" The blonde comes up to him and grins and he smiles at her. It feels like I'm falling from a high, crashing to the ground. Medic! my inner voice shouts ironically. With one last smile he disappears out with the blonde in tow and I calmly continue to wipe the tea from my pants.

If no one noticed; my life sucks.

© 2012 Yheela


Author's Note

Yheela
One short scene from my YA - translated into English.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh what a sad tale. Unrequited love has many faces but all of them distraught and self-effacing. So well portrayed in such a short piece. Felt I was awatching her...but does she get her man in the end. Pray do tell!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yheela

11 Years Ago

Thank you John.
And yes, they do get together at the end. Don't you fear, I'm not leaving my h.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 14, 2012
Last Updated on September 14, 2012

Author

Yheela
Yheela

Gotene, Sweden



About
Reader, geek, published poet and author, gamer, nerd, mom, lazy, N7, wannabe, kind, Browncoat, ironic, Borderlander, crafty and a lot more ... ~*~ more..

Writing
Empty spaces Empty spaces

A Poem by Yheela