Ringing Thunder

Ringing Thunder

A Poem by Yiorgosnj

The summer wind reflects the ringing thunder which leaves its lightning mark amongst the wave that carries it ashore. Yet the knocking clouds are lost behind the heavens door. I watch from a distance in awe. Looking to see more of what Mother Nature has in store. In my wonder is the thunder. In the lightning is my imagination. I can only see the light that reflects. I can hear the echo of the boom. I choose to venture from the comfort and leave the closed room. A summer storm with wonder as the norm. I am intrigued yet reprieved. I am stunned and long to stay. The soft drizzle of rain will not drive me away. In the mist I see what I may, in the mist I decide to stay. I believe in the dream. I believe in what is not seen. I long for you amongst natures display.
You are not there...
In my attempts I scream your name for you to join my elation. The thunder blocks my voice and it is a rude reverberation.
You are not there...
I call your name all the same. I am not distracted by the light; I am not distracted by thunderous fright. I yell with all my might.
You are not there...
I care. But why must I dare. I venture to the extreme to find what I miss. I look to the sky to tell me of a passionate kiss. I am alone amongst the sky’s light show. I scream your name so that one day you will know. May you search for me. You will know where to find me. I will be amongst the thunder; I will be amongst the lightning. I will never be hiding. I am here. Just look and you will see. Just come and find me. May it be one day that you know my voice I gave in the hopes that is you that comes to save.
Rescue me from the storm and rescue me from the norm.

© 2017 Yiorgosnj


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on August 6, 2017
Last Updated on August 6, 2017

Author

Yiorgosnj
Yiorgosnj

Middletown, NJ



Writing