4 Tips To Fix A Frozen Garage Door

4 Tips To Fix A Frozen Garage Door

A Story by Garage Door Repair Richmond Hill
"

A garage door is a great option for protecting a vehicle from outside elements and thieves.

"
A garage door is a great option for protecting a vehicle from outside elements and thieves. Therefore, its crucial to protect and maintain overhead doors. In extreme cold weathers, they are prone to freeze. If the temperature is too cold and there is snowfall all around, the chances of door freezing increases a lot.

Forcefully opening a frozen residential garage door can damage it badly. If you don’t want to take a chance with the safety of door, its good to hire an overhead door repair professional Richmond Hill to get it fixed.

Few tips that can fix a frozen door are:

1. Adjust the pressure of garage door opener

Sometimes, a door isn't fixed too harshly and an extra pressure can break the ice attached to the seal. You can adjust the pressure of the door opener little higher, so that it can put more force while pulling the door upwards. If this technique doesn't work, then try some other way out to remove the ice.

2. Place a heater facing towards the door

The other way that can help to open the garage door is by melting the ice beneath it. Place a heater close to the garage, facing towards its door. Don't place the heater too close that instead of melting the ice, it starts melting the rubber seal. The ultimate goal of heater is to raise the temperature of the garage, so that the ice melts easily. Don't forget to turn it off, as there are enough chances for the door to catch fire.

3. Chip the ice away using scraper

This method may or may not work. If you are in a hurry to get rid of the ice, take a scraper and chip the snow off, instead of melting it. Although this technique can work faster, but its crucial to use a scraper with care as there are good chances of damage to the rubber seal. Break the patches of ice to clear the door path as much as possible.

4. Use hot water method

It is one of the fastest ways, but needs to be done carefully. Take a bucket and fill it with very hot water. Pour that water under the door and pull harder to open it. Though hot water will melt the ice, the low temperature will freeze it quickly. This method needs to be accomplished with speed. If you wont work out fastly, the additional poured water will freeze to make the overhead door bonded to the floor more stronger and tighter.

These were the few tips that can help in fixing a frozen garage door. There is need to handle it with care as its more prone to damage at this point of time. York Garage Door is a leading overhead door company that offers high quality commercial and residential door repair, installation and maintenance services in Richmond Hill. 

© 2016 Garage Door Repair Richmond Hill


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on October 6, 2016
Last Updated on October 6, 2016
Tags: Garage, Door, Repair, Installation, Cable, Remote

Author

Garage Door Repair Richmond Hill
Garage Door Repair Richmond Hill

Richmond Hill, ON, Canada



About
York Garage Doors provides garage door installation, maintenance, repair & replacement services in Richmond Hill. Call our experts today. more..

Writing