Genjutsu

Genjutsu

A Story by Yoshiyuki

I surely messed up this time haven't I? 
How did we ever end up this way?

And yet we find ourselves in a beautiful field with blooming flowers scattered all across the greenlit field. The moon shines upon this majestic night, giving birth to the blooming flowers. And above all the beautiful things out there, a girl sits in front with sapphire eyes and sleek long hair that flows with the wind. Those eyes used to glow under the moonlight, yet I stare into them seeing only a dull crystal. I instinctively hold out my hands to her. However, she does not take mine, instead she stares at the moon. I decide to sit in front of her, hoping that somehow it will change the uneasiness of my heart. I am about to talk, but I stop mid way. Before long my face flows with water, thinking it was rain I stare up into the cloudless sky. I cannot help but laugh with insanity. Even with an unstoppable flow of tears dripping from my face, this girl still stares into the moon.

As I sit there staring at my mind is invaded with images, and my vision begins to blur. One image is of two solid objects although I cannot make them out, my vision blurs them out. The other is of the girl, yet I can see her clearly. With each cycle she inches closer to me. She begins to caress my cheeks, staring deep into my eyes. Just like my, her eyes start to water. For the first time, I see some emotion from her. She tries to whisper something to me, but nothing reaches me. I begin to shake uncontrollably as the uneasiness grows and grows. 

My mind starts to go insane again. The girl in front slowly hugs me, as that is happening I could see the skin on her start to age and decay. But instead of getting brittle and falling apart it feels as though she is hard as stone. Her skin is as cold as ice. I wrap my arms around her, hoping to feel some warmth.But the warmth is long gone.  I try to release myself from the grip of the girl, but it bind my tighter. Her face suddenly stares into my eyes, her sapphire eyes disappears. Like a demonic presence haunting me her eyes glows a bright crimson. I can feel knives stabbing into my chest. Blood starts pouring out of my mouth. But I endure it, I endure because I know I deserve this pain. 

Through the pain, I feel a warmth that I have not felt in a while. I feel as though she is still with me. I feel as though I can finally be at peace. But I still want to torture myself. I cannot begin to forgive myself for not protecting her. But she is persistent, she covers me with her gracious warmth that releases me from these dreams, or what can be said to be nightmares. The scenery starts to distort , the flowers growing into stone slabs, and the moon becoming the glowing sun. I am left hugging the gravestone of my love. The one I could not protect. The one who taught me life was worth living. So on her gravestone I write " I shall meet you at the moon, and then we shall wander the stars together." 

© 2012 Yoshiyuki


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on October 19, 2012
Last Updated on October 19, 2012

Author

Yoshiyuki
Yoshiyuki

Kahului, HI



Writing
Silent Night Silent Night

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki