Faces

Faces

A Story by Yun

He had a problem that he didn’t want to face. That’s why he was sitting in the dark place, because the longer he sat there, the better able he would be to handle his problem. The faces understood this; they calmly circled around him, take all the time you need, they said. But he sat there for a long time, and the faces began to get impatient. Do you think you might be ready soon, they asked hesitantly, more of them now. But he wasn’t ready, and he continued to sit there. More faces kept appearing and circling around him. They were getting angry at him now, telling him he had overstayed his welcome and had to leave. But he still wasn’t prepared to face his problem, and the faces were furious. They whirled around him and became one big blur and they didn’t look like faces anymore. They were like a big tornado, but he sat in the middle of it and didn’t mind because they didn’t bother him as much as his problem did. But he eventually realised that sooner or later he had to face the problem, and he felt ready. So he stood up and told the faces he wanted to leave. But they were still angry, and told him he had to stay there as punishment. He didn’t mind; he wasn’t ready to face his problem anyway.

© 2009 Yun


Author's Note

Yun
Not following proper rules for writing speech here, though this is intentional to add to the abstract quality.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear Yun,

Your story was an excellent read. I mostly enjoyed the symbolism behind the "faces". I kept wondering: "Are they real? Are they not? What do they represent?" I also appreciate the message that sometimes we need to just take a time-out from the pressures of the world to resolve our issues, even if it takes a long time. And sometimes we're not ready when we think we are.

This is an excellent vignette, thought-provoking and with a surprising and profound ending. Well done! Keep up the good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
H.Y
lol, i laughed at the ending. i bet he was doing it all on purpose. right? i wish my parents were that easy to trick. muhahahaha. i honestly wasnt expecting that ending, and i usaully can get the endings of stories. ^^

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2009

Author

Yun
Yun

Writing
Feathers Feathers

A Story by Yun


The Actor The Actor

A Story by Yun