A Quest for Quiet

A Quest for Quiet

A Poem by Z_Assaad
"

An abridged foray into drug-induced depression, and the effort put forth for understanding and belonging during and after. Hopefully I went through this so you will never have to.

"
"A Quest for Quiet"

On a quest to quiet his mind, self-imposed exile was success for a time.
That time passed, and his mind wandered through. 
In search of peace, into his veins he withdrew.
Signing out, he signed on, unwittingly drawn into this game as a pawn.

On a quest to quiet his mind, dogmas and doctrines within he reclined.
In them solace, though temporary, did find. But, ever remained the quest to quiet his mind.
Navigating the tumult his life had become, was second to seeking refrain, staying numb.
Growing in the recess, in back, paid no mind sat biding a darkness with patience and time on a quest to quiet his mind.

In demon's arms, he reclined as slipstreams brought ease, his defenses resigned.
The answer, it seemed, remained so elusive. Yet stands ever clear to a mind sober and lucid.
Senses he had forfeited so readily and complicit, now prey to this force and the peace it elicits.
For a time there was bliss, and the trade, it seemed fair. In a flood of blood to the heart cast his cares, rushed a moment removed from reality and senses, flashing the answers to life it presented.
Deceptively setting itself up on high, as an idol now worshiped to quiet his mind.

© 2015 Z_Assaad


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on January 2, 2015
Last Updated on January 2, 2015

Author

Z_Assaad
Z_Assaad

Salinas, CA



About
My name is Ziad M. Assaad. Most people initially think my middle initial stands for Muhammed. It does not. It stands for Mustafah...no, seriously, my middle name is Matthew. My mother wanted to ma.. more..

Writing
Turtle Turtle

A Story by Z_Assaad