Summer Bound

Summer Bound

A Poem by Zachary_James

Today I walked home, with the scent of freedom under my wings.

Like a new freshly made sunrise, peeking over the beautiful mountaintops

I was finally summer bound, wiping away the worries that once robbed my soul.

Wiping away the stress I once felt, prior to this.

I was home, and to stay I was on cloud nine.

As I wake to the orange and yellow sunrise,  remembering the one over-populated life,

I call my own. Walking to the beach my footprints imprinting in the sand, the breeze kisses my sun-kissed skin.

I cannot believe, I am summer bound like a group of dolphins doing their morning dance.  

© 2012 Zachary_James


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

such a picturesque view of summer. well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Such beautiful images! A couple of things I would change, though. "...remembering the one over-populated life, I call my own." I don't think there should be a comma there. But, there should be one in between "beach" and "My footprints." The comma after believe towards the end also seems to be unnessecary. Just something to think about.
Other than that, lovely! Well penned!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Reading this made me happy for you........enjoy it and write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This captures pure bliss just right. It's really beautiful; i love your descriptive words, like "sun-kissed" and "dolphins doing their morning dance." it has a soothing effect. :) the only thing i would like to point out is that "mountaintop's" in the second line of the poem should be changed to "mountaintops". overall, good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful moment !

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2012
Last Updated on June 9, 2012
Tags: Summer, sunrise




Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)