Ghost and The Greyhound Bus

Ghost and The Greyhound Bus

A Story by ZackOfBridge
"

Givin' you what I got

"
Damn the past and equally damn the future. We live now.
True, the actions taken in the present will consequently effect the future and so the then future good or bad will reflect the actions of the past, but you know what damn the future past and the then future. We live now.

When the nuclear fire-fists punch the face of the earth and their poems of flesh melt and destruction rise from the sands like palm trees on sunset boulevard maybe then I will have something to write, as the pen in my hands joins the ashes in the air and my soul becomes of the smoke fallout.

She left
on the narrow shoulders
of the 7:05
Greyhound bus

The room was getting weird. The bed got stiff in the night. Thought it could have been the temperature outside coming in from the window, but I closed the window and still the bed stiffened. Everything shocked me, like I was full of static or some such noise. The bulb of my lamp flickered dimly, a little blue light in the darkness. That is until I touched it and it shocked me. The weirdest thing was the farts. Not my farts, or even my roommates farts, but just farts. In certain areas, the smell of farts just wafted around. It took us sometime to realize it was the doing of a ghost. The stiff bed and the shocking weren’t malicious at all, but more like a call for help, attention I guess. Once we gave him that attention everything was great. It was almost like having another roommate in the apartment, but one that has more perks. For example, the temperature thing, he can do both hot and cold. The movies make the stereotype that a ghost always make the room cold enough to see your breath but in actuality ghosts are much more versatile. He saved us so much on electricity. I’d no idea, but ghosts have got like this aura of electricity, I mean yeah it gives you more static shocks then you’d prefer, but we were running on free electricity. The ghost was powering all of it. Of course, he couldn’t do WI-FI, but whatever. The only real problem became the redecorating. At first it was really awesome. An apartment full of dudes doesn’t make for the most aesthetically pleasing of furniture organization and the ghost really took care of it. We joked that he must have been an interior decorater when he was alive. It was cool, really cool, the first time. It got excessive. Everyday something different. Everyday, the kitchen was different, the forks, spoons, and knives in a different drawer. I even noticed that my clothes had been moved around in my dresser. And he likes the look of things upside down, its obvious in the way he flips all of the frames around and Jim’s crosses. Really freaked Jim out though, but we are always screwing with that guy so whatever.

© 2014 ZackOfBridge


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahaha nice. I wish I had a ghost; but really People seem to ridicule the s**t of ghosts, when they all have flatuence, just like us. We need to put into order a social change in equality among humans and ghosts. They have flatuence too. But I like the social commentary among ghosts I knew thTs what you were going for bromaEstro

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on November 29, 2014
Last Updated on November 29, 2014

Author

ZackOfBridge
ZackOfBridge

Camarillo, CA



About
Whats life but time enough to write stories? more..

Writing
New Shoes New Shoes

A Story by ZackOfBridge