You never know

You never know

A Story by Traycn

You ponder ideas. They come to you and you look them over. Things are always as they have been. You continue to think. The ideas always come to you. Maybe they're becoming more difficult? That could very well be because you've forgotten to write most of them down. They're inside of your head, why would you lose them?

 

The ideas become something of a mystery. After you've forgotten them, they whisk away into a land where you'll never see them again. Perhaps they were stolen? Someone else is now using your idea. But, what if they always thought it was their idea? As close as your idea was as this person's, there's something different. Modified in the way the other person saw the idea. Maybe the idea is never modified at all? How would you know? You've forgotten exactly what the idea was.

 

It could be precisely the way you saw it. Steaming with all the pretty bells and gadgets you first gave it.  Everything's the same, yet, how can you remember?

 

It's worse than having a dream. While the dream is blurry, almost as if you're running through a sea of images that are going ten thousand miles an hour, the idea is solid. It had meaning at one of your life. It was something you strove for, or kept in the back of your head. Feeding like the family dog. It’s always there to give you love and affection just as you've given it. You had to take care of that idea. It needed to be fed, taken out, go out for a run. If you didn't, regardless of still liking you, it would seem foreign. As if you didn't pick it out from the shelter and give it a wonderful home.

 

An idea can be something that you'll never forget, never properly remember, yet, it's a part of you. 

© 2012 Traycn


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on December 13, 2012
Last Updated on December 13, 2012

Author

Traycn
Traycn

Hillsboro, OR



About
I'm a writer that is a complete nerd. I nerd out about several topics, and I'm not ashamed of it. Enjoy the work. more..