The Awakening

The Awakening

A Story by Linis Arizen

          The Awakening:

 

 

 

            Ever feel like you were not suppose to be in a certain place? Do you know about those places that we are not aloud to go to? Have you heard of the stories about those who go to them? The deaths? The suicides? The murders? There are many places like these throughout history. Houses, woods, shacks, towns, cities, hotels, and just about everywhere. We as human beings most of the time think it’s all in our heads. We think that these places are a turning point in our lives. A person who hides from something they did and run from it ignoring it ever happened, most of these people are cowards. But what of those who don’t have something to run from you ask? Oh no, you see, there is always something someone is running from.

 

                My name is Kyle Lexon. I am a very simple guy. I was born and raised in Colorado. My father was a landscaper and my mother was a lawyer. Yes, a pretty rich sounding life, well it was a somewhat relatively normal life growing up. Growing up I barely went through anything mind-boggling and life changing. When I was a teen I had grown to love ghosts stories and the paranormal. I also got into writing. I have written a few books, a romance, a mystery and a comedy. You may be asking what I’m getting at and why you’re reading this, well this is my newest little story, and something I’ve never written. And so it begins.

 

It began ten hours ago when I was on my way back to my wife’s house. My wife Sandra, a beautiful woman, her long brown hair was as soft as silk, her Emerald eyes pierced the darkness. Me and her have been married for eight years, now I live on the other side of town, where as she lives in my big nice house with some other guy. I drove up the driveway, and parked my jeep behind her BMW. I got out off my jeep and walked up to the door, I knocked three times, paused and then knocked again. After a few seconds of silence, I heard footsteps come then the door slowly opened. The person who answered the door was not who I thought it would be.

“Oh…Kyle..your early..”

“Jeff…” I said as I walked into the house brushing past him.

“Umm…Sandra is upstairs…we weren’t expecting you for…another hour…” he slowly shuts the door.

I looked around the living room, it was dull and cold. I am here in this house to get the rest of my stuff and move into another house outside of town.

“Kyle?”

“Where is my stuff…I’d like to take it and go…”

“Uhh…all in the dinning room.”

I walked into the tan offset lighted room and tilted my head as I stared at the dark brown box with my initials on it. I picked it up and start to head for the door.

“Well um..I guess…bye? You want me to tell…”

“Just get the door and shut up…” I stood there, staring at the door as Jeff stumbled to open it.

I walked out the door and I heard it shut behind me. I put the box in the back and got into the drivers seat and began the drive back to my new house, which by now should be full of all my belongings.

 

 

I drove up the grassy drive way and pull up to the old garage. I got out, went to the back and grabbed my box and walk up to the house. This house is surrounded by woods and well, not known about. I heard about it in a book I read, about haunted places. I found it, and bought it. It was a nice two-story house, it had two bathrooms and two bedrooms. I got everything somewhat in place last night I just needed the rest of my books and that was it. I haven’t slept in the house yet, so tonight was my first, and it will be my last.

 

I was foolish to ignore everything I’ve heard about this place. But I just had to find out for myself, and well, I got what I asked for I guess.

 

Around eight pm I was in the living room sitting there. I was tired so I began to shut my eyes. The stories about this place are simple, the people that lived here killed themselves. Over the years, over eighty people have died.

 

I sat up as I heard something fall to the floor, I looked around quickly. I stood up, it was starting to storm. I heard something hitting the walls upstairs, I walked and looked up the stairwell. I stood there as I saw my father looking down the stairs at me, he came down the stairs yelling at me.

“Kyle how many times have I told you not to do that! I’ve spent hours working on this and you ruined it! God damn you! You blasted child....”

I blinked and shook my head, he was gone. Growing up I drew on dad’s paperwork and ruined it, he was furious each time, and each time my hand would bleed.

I shook my head and walked back to the couch, but I stopped, it was covered in blood, I looked around the place was covered in blood. I walked up to the window and looked outside, pitch black, I could see nothing.

“You son of a b***h!”

I jumped back as a man came flying through the window he landed on me choking me.

I struggled and finally kicked him off, I got up and he was gone, the window was fine, I still couldn’t see a thing. I looked around the room, it was normal. I went upstairs and into the bathroom, I turned on the sink and washed my face off. I looked into the mirror, I looked at my self, my crisp golden blonde hair slicked back, my bright blue eyes surrounded by redness as I rubbed my eyes, I tilted my head as I realized my reflection wasn’t moving.

“You hate them…you hate what they did to you…you want to kill them…” says the reflection to me.

“Who?” I asked as my eyes widen.

“Jeff…our so called best friend and our backstabbing wife Sandra…you want to kill them for going behind your back all those years…do it just do it..go and kill them..”

“No..I couldn’t do that!”

“Do it!!”

The room started to shake, I stumbled as I tried to run out of the bathroom I fell to the hallway floor, the walls were cracking the ground was covered with blood, I quickly got up and stared at a teenaged version of me watching Jeff in a party slipping drugs into some girls drink he looked over at me.

“You know what he did that night…to that blonde…he raped her…and what did we do? Nothing, all because he was your best friend. Don’t you remember the day before the party, don’t you remember talking about how you thought that blonde was hot and that you wanted to date her, you remember what she did don’t you? She killed herself because of what he did. And now he’s f*****g your wife. What are you going to do….you should go and punish him…you damn coward…”

I shook my head violently and leaned against the railing, I looked around. I grabbed the railing as a figure pushed me over the railing I held onto the railing as tight as I could, I swung myself onto the stairs. I looked around and ran down the stairs I tried to open the front door, I pulled and pulled then the doorknob broke I fell backwards. As I stared at the ceiling I heard a deathly voice.

“Your too kind and forgiving…you should kill them for doing what they did…but your too weak…so it looks like I need to do it myself…”

At this time I got up and looked around my laptop was sitting on my living room table, I crawled to it and turned it on, and began typing.

 

This is where you came into reading. I can now see why the people killed themselves, to prevent something far worse from happening. So here it is now, my final writing, my goodbye.

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Linis Arizen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on April 23, 2008

Author

Linis Arizen
Linis Arizen

The Darkness, PA



About
I'm new at writing, at first I loved to draw(anime), but I started writing a few small things, poems and short stories, etc. (all lost > more..

Writing
Failure Failure

A Poem by Linis Arizen


Poems Poems

A Book by Linis Arizen