Never A Love So Deadly

Never A Love So Deadly

A Poem by Cats Eye

The red rose

Can you smell that sweet sweet fragrance?

The seductive scent that brings you in ever so close

 

Red rose

That vibrant color reeling you in

Silently beggin you to pick it as your own

 

Aww...the red rose

Teaches such a wonderful lesson

Even something of such beauty can cause pain

© 2010 Cats Eye


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it, the red rose is a perfect comparrison to love, compasion, emotion. Very well written

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is very pretty

Posted 13 Years Ago


There is nothing that relates to beauty, love, passion... as a red rose. Your written use of the senses brings it to life. Unfortunately, something as wonderful as a rose has the potiential for the pain you write of...I know. Not many words, like a quick, seductive inhale!
Nicely crafted and greatly enjoyed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Natural talent!
Not everything that is beautiful is unprotected and you portray this perfectly with such a short yet sweet poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Only if you miss handle it will one of it's thorns get you. It is actually wonderful that roses have thorns it makes people pay attention to them as they are being picked. :) Yes a wonderful write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

lovely! the rose can be used as such a good metaphore and you have used it well!
'that vibrant colour reeling you in, silently begging you to pick it as your own' - beautiful!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice. It's hard to word how I like this poem. I love the "Aww" part. I can hear sarcasm in it, if that's what you were going for. Keep up the great work. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Short and simple, I love the message that you are putting out..

Posted 13 Years Ago


The short but ever so sweet tale of a rose, how it pulls you in only to leave you in pain. This poem creates a metaphor for what I would call false love. The way you feel it is real like the touch of another. The smell of the rose like their words, making you believe, more and more that this is genuine. The colour of the rose as their physical beauty, attracting you to them sexually only for you to get close (get into a relationship) and get punctured by its thorns. It’s a great analogy to use for this subject matter as love is often represented by the rose (e.g. Valentines Day). The red of the rose, which you stress multiple times in the poem, also representing passion, longing and heart in it all. The poem is written in the 2nd person. This is interesting as they are not really reflecting but more telling or teaching. It’s almost like a proverb to remind others to be careful while falling in love. Not everything is as it seems. What I would also say was that the person giving such a lesson has experienced this before, at one time in their life and is now telling others what they have learnt so they don’t make the same mistake. Maybe the writer instructing the reader in the form of poetry that they need to be wary of love. I feel that this poem would be more affective if it almost described the rose as the lover. Going further to illustrate the motion of falling in love and then the final realisation that you have been hurt. If you did this the poem would capture the reader on another level and encapsulate imaginations and draw focus to the message. Never the less a good short piece. Nice one.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Beautiful imagery and very thought-provoking...only suggestion would be to have the first lines match...more symmetrical to the piece!

xxoxx

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

725 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 15, 2010
Last Updated on December 15, 2010

Author

Cats Eye
Cats Eye

IL



About
In being interested in Alice and Phoebe Cary's famous work, I am also their great great neice. A few of my poems only come from anger. I'm currently 21, and plan to live my life to the fullest. I w.. more..

Writing
Sanity Sanity

A Poem by Cats Eye


Serenity Serenity

A Poem by Cats Eye


Fin Fin

A Poem by Cats Eye



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ode To A Writer Ode To A Writer

A Poem by OT


Nocturne Nocturne

A Poem by OT