My Company

My Company

A Poem by Zee Langa
"

A lonely heart finding company in another.

"
There are days where my heart feels lost,
Or rather am truly lost?
Those are the days I wish a loved one could hug me and let comfort embrace me.
Those are the days where I have you as my company.
You somehow have a way of materialising a smile on my face like magic in the sky at night.
You fall unto the surface of my heart with such force that all sadness evaporates under the happiness you bring.
Even though you're miles away,
You're the company of my heart.

There are days where I need love,
Or has love lost its way to me?
I feel like the ones I love the most are the ones distancing themselves from me.
Has my love changed that much that it scares people who are dear to my heart?
But it's funny how you always find a way to my heart.
Why has darkness blinded the ones I love the most and light enlightening the path for you?
You always knock on my door and deliver laughter and joy.
You sometimes have a way of charming me that makes my cheeks flush with embarrassment.
Even though you're miles away from me,
You're always there to be the company of my heart in dark times.

There are those days where I think of losing you.
Will those days ever reach the doorstep of my heart?
I shiver at the thought of that happening.
We've been friends for years and it's only now that I realise your importance to my heart.
The more I realise that importance, the more important you become to me.
You're my company in times of joy, happiness, sorrow, pain, hurt and excitement.
It would be a loss like a person losing their shadow.
I would have lost the light that comes from you that shows how happy I am when I walk through life.
You've been the company of my heart.
That is why I will do my utmost to never lose you as my companion because my heart would be lonely without its company;
And that is you.

© 2016 Zee Langa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow....Zee Langa, this was a beautiful poem dripping with love, compassion and romance. The most important thing was the order in which you read your poem.The way you depicted the fear of losing someone important was heartrending too.
We all want someone to be a cure of our pains, someone special who understands that we exist. This is all what life is, it's a name of understanding feelings of someone important.
I praise your writing abilities, Keep writing my friend.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 3, 2016
Last Updated on May 3, 2016
Tags: love, loneliness, happiness, comfort

Author

Zee Langa
Zee Langa

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa



Writing
First time First time

A Poem by Zee Langa