'Imagine' Rendition

'Imagine' Rendition

A Poem by Z. Shepherd
"

I agree with John Lennon.

"
I've been against many things, it's miraculous what research brings- the illumination of higher beings, the peaceful warriors.

Repression of freedom and secrecy, what gives man the right to govern me while destroying everything I believe in- an administration of greed.

But, to call more focus where there is hate will do nothing more than perpetuate such negativity- so let us try to agree:
That peace, truth, and love are the finer things of which dreams are made of, so let the good ones come true with everything that you do.

Give more than you receive and open your mind to greater notions so that you may conceive of the superfluousness of low emotions like anger, shame, and need.  This will ease a lot of suffering, as well as dropping the idea of creed, an invented separation.

As for the borders of our nation, the greatest imagined divide, they do nothing more than cause more tension on this planet in which we reside.

We have the resources and technology to help every living being have the food and shelter that they need to exist comfortably- without any manmade disease.

To lessen strife and create ease amongst humanity we must activate our consciousness as one, collectively.

We all know, on some level that something must be done to change the system and save our planet, together, under the sun.

Together under the sun.

And the world will live as one.

© 2013 Z. Shepherd


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice. The truth in this makes the entire piece that much more beautiful. Thank you for sharing. :)


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
1 Review
Added on March 21, 2013
Last Updated on March 21, 2013
Tags: peace, unity, humanity, politics

Author

Z. Shepherd
Z. Shepherd

About
I ponder the implications of existence. more..

Writing
Copywrite Copywrite

A Chapter by Z. Shepherd