Pearls' Collector

Pearls' Collector

A Story by ZoeZ
"

An unknown creature to us has one mission to do: collecting the finest pearls from the finest places. Only then he finds that that the most ignored and neglected place has the best of all.

"
I
1701
I always do my best when it comes to collecting pearls of Beauty and Pureness_ as our team is being called_ and thus I am one of the most beloved collectors to our Master. Maybe that was the reason behind assigning to me a very important, yet a hard task of collecting two-hundred pearls at once for our Master’s birthday. The task-giver believed, and so did I , that my failure was certain and he, the task-giver, would get rid of me for good. But I got a hint (or should I call it a cheat) from a friend of mine_ who belonged to another group named “Practicality and Casualty”: the most uncared-about pearls were being collected by that group. He showed a far-away place we did not know much about, or in another word we did not care much about. He swore to me that he once was capable of collecting over fifty pearls a day and they were all filled with spirits having the finest qualities and features.
“They are so underestimated, my Friend,” he said to me, “but I say it is a luck that I can, despite the awful group I belong to, seeing those spirits within these pearls.”
I had no choice but going there: if I failed bringing less than two hundred pearls to my Master within his very-near-birthday; the finest pearls of Beauty and Pureness, I will be dismissed from that wonderful world of ours. Thus, I spread my wings and flew toward that far-away land; doing the best effort to keep invisible from the human-beings. I will not name the beauty of the land: that is something I cannot actually see; but I can tell the beauty of the spirits there which led me to everywhere. Then a pearl-carrier came toward me and gave me his pearl saying, “well, do not be in a rush, Sir; more to come… like_ about one thousand and seven hundred or such.”
Wow! That is a huge number which I did not believe. But soon I saw that exact number of pearl-carriers coming toward me giving me their pearls along with their beautiful smiles and sad stories. All these pearls were not worthy of the Practicality and Casualty team by any means; they were all about Beauty and Pureness. The finest qualities could be sensed from these pearls even before being held by me: honesty, courage, love, devotion, belonging, family-ship, friendship, generosity, creativity, pureness and beauty, and many other beautiful qualities, and rare features were within the spirits of each one of these pearls; though, each could carry a quality rather than the others. They had a bit of cruelty and indifferenceness, and a great deal casualty within them, but they deserved no belonging to that one particular team-to-collect.
I was the happiest collector ever having these fine pearls one after one and creating the finest collar to my Master for his birthday_ such a birthday it will be because of me; because of them.
Then, they moved in peace after giving me their spiritual pearls, and I went with happiness creating the unforgettable birthday for my Master. I had one more task to be the Master of Pearls’ collectors; a task that should involve all the teams of our wonderful world.

II
Pearl of Life
My awaited-task’s day had come. I had with me the Masters of the other teams, as I was the Master of my own: Beauty and Pureness. We were to do nothing more than collecting pearls, and I led them to same place where I found my precious and magnificent ones. Of course they had a rejection at first, but later I could make them all joining me that unique place in a unique day when all_ well, most of the pure and beautiful pearls were gathering at one spot spreading joy and life all around. Their spirituality could have us all around them, too, and waiting them to come toward us carrying their pearls. We spent days there receiving pearls from the finest souls on earth. We had very much for mere greatest pearls, not as much as the previous time, but they were all beautiful.
We had enough, about five hundred pearl filled with great qualities of love, life, beauty and pureness. We were about to leave when a little girl came running toward us asking us to stop, “Wait! Wait! Please! I will bring my pearl shortly… see…” and she pointed at her little lying damaged body which was fighting the pain and arguing with the soul whether to stay on earth or to give the pearl already to its owner. That dispute took a good deal of time; we had to leave, but the little girl was begging us with her pretty eyes to wait a bit more. I begged my friends, too, and truly after a while the little girl came happily toward me carrying a big bright unalike-seen pearl, with a huge smile upon her face which faded shortly after a pause and wondered, “wait, will I ever see them again?”
“Yes,” I answered, “but they won’t.”
“Oh!” she took a look at her beautiful pearl, smiled and gave it to me, “Well, I know I left a marvelous trace behind; they will not forget me at least.”
I wished if I could by then giving her back the pearl and sending her back with her family and friends, who seemed very sad and much undesired for life anymore; but that was none of my authority. I took a deep look at that one different pearl in my hand and could tell what kind of spirit it carried within and why seemed so different: it was a pearl of life; more than beauty or pureness; something you cannot see within every soul, yet every soul does need it.
“Your friends look sad.” I told her.
“Probably because of our departure. Wish if I could tell them how I will miss them, and how beautiful the place I am going toward; wish if could tell them that they will make no such comparison till they see the beauty of life, away from this sadness or a like.”
That was it, the sad people needed the pearl of life to live rather than my need to be the Master of Pearls. I mean, after all, what beautiful pearl will ever appear in my path if no life attached to its soul within?
I handed the pearl of life to its owner and said to her, “Dear, spread it above your fellows and wish them the best life to be.”
“What are you doing?” “Are you mad?” “This is The Pearl; you cannot hand it away or back to its owner!” I heard all these objections and more from my friends the collectors, but I cared not, and pushed the little girl gently to do what I told her. She caught her pearl with happiness and flew above that crowd of people spreading the soul, the lively soul, of her pearl; watching her friends raising their heads toward her with a gratitude happy smile and a hope that was drawn beautifully upon their hearts, creating peace and Life.
That was the deed to keep life moving on; to keep pearls of Beauty and Pureness becoming Pearls of Life.

© 2016 ZoeZ


Author's Note

ZoeZ
The language is a bit weak and formal since English is not my mother tongue and since I am no writer--but trying to be :D
Your notes to improve will be awesome and very appreciated

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on July 25, 2016
Last Updated on July 25, 2016
Tags: short story, writing, beginner, imagination, abstraction, soul, spirit

Author

ZoeZ
ZoeZ

Iraq



About
An architect; love writing and reading. Friendly and love to talk A LOT! http://articlezsbayar.blogspot.com.tr/ more..