"13 Stitches"

"13 Stitches"

A Poem by Zoe Anne

"13 Stitches"

One.
I won't stop carving into my skin until I'm done.
Two.
I hate you.
Three.
You hate me.
Four.
You came back for more.
Five.
All you do is connive.
Six.
I trusted you just for kicks.
Seven.
You gave me hell, so you could get heaven.
Eight.
I'll get my revenge; it's fate.
Nine.
You whispered too many lies through the grapevine.
Ten.
I'll slash you with every stroke of my pen.
Eleven.
Don't worry; I'll get even.
Twelve.
You brought it all on yourself.
Thirteen.
I'll uncover the truths that were once obscene.
Thirteen stitches;
Once I defeat you, I'll feed your bones to the witches.

Written by Zoe Anne

© 2010 Zoe Anne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

If only this were the glory days of writers when one's pen was more dangerous than sword steel or musket ball. When a well penned satirical write could destroy your victim's reputation. This really has the same level of poison and retribution that such a poem would be, well done! Keep the ink flowing freely!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yes, very creative and written differently than most writers. It's always hard to get away from other people's ideas and form your own. Like after Twilight became a hit so many people wrote books about vampires. They didn't have creativity or imagination. But you do go off the beaten path in this poem. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This pretty much gets your point across. I like the metaphor of stitches as it relates to your betrayal, or did you really cut yourself up? An interesting presentation. Very creative write.
Murray

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2010
Last Updated on August 18, 2010

Author

Zoe Anne
Zoe Anne

MA



About
I like to write a lot of horror, poetry, and lyrics. My inspirations are Edgar Allan Poe, Anne Rice, H.P. Lovecraft, and Stephen King. I hope that someday my name will be next to theirs... more..

Writing