I am

I am

A Poem by Perfect Mistake

I AM MYSELF.

I trust no one.

feel no smpathy.

 

I have no heart.

Isolation is my bff.

I cut to cope.

 

Always fearing.

I barely sleep.

I'm shallower than a shower.

 

I dont care.

I dont mind.

I dont love.

 

I have no ambitions.

I have no purpose.

I have no self esteem.

 

I've been hurt.

I've been betrayed.

I've been left.

 

I am not who you think.

I am a monster.

I am the essence of evil.

 

I am not beautiful.

I am not perfection.

I AM NOT MYSELF.

© 2012 Perfect Mistake


Author's Note

Perfect Mistake
Wrote this awhile back...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

what hides a insidious reverberating smile what is that bites first the addiction or the must?
Beautiful and unabashed the beauty itself in its clarity and the unbashfulness from its depth of emotion laying it bar Cliche i may?

Posted 9 Years Ago


You've described about yourself in this as i think...lol :)great one once again and don't worry you couldbe beautiful with age...lol :)
nicely penned.

Posted 10 Years Ago


i think you judge yourself too much, but then again, so do i, and so do many it seems. a tend it seems, or perhaps something darker, who knows?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Once again.... excellent use of phrasing and word usage. You continue on your path of capturing my full attention to your writings . Really skillful writier. You can have a real future in writing in my opinion.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Buonasera,

This was cackling with emotions, sparking with all the intensity that you put into it. I will admit that, as a grammar nazi, I fidgeted as I eyed the spelling/grammar errors. But that's no matter. The fury and excellent roundabout ending were enough to surpass all of that.

My favorite part? It's hard to say. This is one of those poems where the stanzas do not really stand alone, they're more bits of a whole. So, I will have to conclude that my favorite parts were the first and last stanzas. (Once again I'll mention it's due to your ingenious roundabout ending.)

My rating? Oh dear...these are hard to decide as well. Once again, as I am anal about grammar, I'll give you a 95/100.

In conclusion, fantastic job, I daresay!

Arrivederci!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautiful, i like this and it's really relatable. Good work!
"I am not who you think.

I am a monster.

I am the essence of evil.



I am not beautiful.

I am not perfection.

I AM NOT MYSELF".





Posted 11 Years Ago


Hope is the thing we're all trying to get back. We had it once...so there is hope. I like the last line where you say you aren't yourself, after all the bad things.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very well done. Totally relatable. I've been hurt like you wouldnt believe, too. The flow was great, and the words were powerful and strong. U did a very good job here :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah. There's nothing better than a piece of writing that you can relate to.

You feel everything but you feel nothing.
You have everything but you have nothing.
.....You're breathing but your not alive.

I really like this poem. Very well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

944 Views
22 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 12, 2012
Last Updated on June 12, 2012

Author

Perfect Mistake
Perfect Mistake

Denver, CO



About
*insert cliche about me that tells why im soooo unique from everyone else* more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..