Flames & Paradise

Flames & Paradise

A Story by Z.Hayath
"

This is a story inspired by a song. It's pretty much nothing like the song. Its mildly scary and slightly twisted.

"

Reaching out to the cup of green tea placed on the bland and tastelessly decorated table with right hand while his left hand clutched to the only thing left of his deceased parents. Silvia wondered how he had ended up on this state. Every day, he sat alone at the balcony, with a cup of tea and a dish of regrets. Blocking the present, going back in time. 15 years to be specific.

15 years, 8 months and 3 weeks. He remembered everything. Every single decision, every single phone call and every single word. He couldn't forget it, that's what most said about him. But it was more like he didn't want to. He held onto every single breath of that day. That's how he lived. Existing because of the past. He couldn't afford it forget anything, because if he did, he would not exist.

Taking a sip of the horribly prepared green tea, he relaxed into chair and closed his eyes.

At 18, he stood on his taped driveway, staring at his collapsed house, broken and blackened front door. He had spent the entire month constantly crying and screaming at everything. But now he was done. Done crying over people that were never coming back to him. Done wishing he could go back and Change things. There was no point in wishing and crying for things that were impossible. They were unreachable things of the past and he had been focusing too much on them. He couldn't let this go on anymore. He had a bunch of things that he had to do now. Revenge and a promise to make this world a better place. Eradicate every single person that would ever harm anybody else for personal gain, the selfish ones that killed the envious ones that murdered and the cheaters. He swore to himself that he was going to make a Change. A huge Change, believing that if he got rid of all of the filth, by God! This place would turn into paradise.

So, he stood there memorizing everything detail and recalling what it felt like watching his home burn from the sidelines, screaming and crying at the people holding him back. Therapy and the doctors were no good for him now. He had a promise to keep.

He went to his only relative that lived in the states his dead father's second cousin. "Silvia? You alright?? Come on in, kid!” His uncle said, when showed up on his front door and Silvia stood there, making a decision that would seal his future. He knew what he wanted now. So he stepped in. His uncle wasn't all that surprise. He had been expecting him all the while. And he was ready to help the poor kid. He was ready to provide anything for Silvia anything and everything. Little did he know that he was catalyzing Silvia's promise.

Years later and after the gruesome murder of his parent's killers, he met his American girl. Christina. He cherished her and she blossomed in his affection. He told her, "I'm onto something, you know."

"Tell me".

"I'm going to turn this place into paradise."

She laughed, thinking he was just being a dreamer. But he wasn't. This wasn't a joke to him. He was going to murder every person with bad intentions. They didn't deserve to live and he wasn't going to let them live.

Just like the rest, Silvia was born with a spark. Which later, fueled by his parent's death turned into a blazing furnace. And he was to burn everything that he considered unworthy of life. But he accidentally let his fire burn away his sanity and heart. Now, he was there, sitting on the balcony recollecting.

"Baby?” Christina called out meekly. He grunted in response. She came around and placed her hands gently on his shoulders and his eyes flew open. She looked down at him smiled sweetly at him and said,

“It’s a beautiful night, isn't it?"

"This is the way it looked when they were being burnt to ashes."

She knew what he was talking about, so she kept quiet and rubbed his shoulders gently.

“I’m sure they are in a happy place now”, she said.

He pushed her hands away roughly, knocking over the tea cup and spilling its content on the floor. He walked up to the railing, closed his eyes and breathed in the cool air. He opened his eyes and thought of all the people he had killed and looked at his bloody hands, he had killed and looked at his bloody hands sanity crashing and smiling maliciously. He said to her “Do you know what this looks like, baby?" She cocked her head sideways, questioning.

He double over, laughing so hard that he stomach began to hurt. Spreading his hands out, gesturing towards the land out in the front, he screamed , “Oh My God, This is Paradise!"

© 2014 Z.Hayath


Author's Note

Z.Hayath
what do you think of the writing? is it okay? is the story alright?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on December 16, 2014
Last Updated on December 16, 2014
Tags: Flames, Paradise, world, murder

Author

Z.Hayath
Z.Hayath

Bangalore, India



About
Just a random 17 year old barely making it through. Writing is something that I've been told I can do. I kind of want to be a writer, but I'm not sure I'm that good enough. more..