Exile

Exile

A Story by None

 

Exile. One word decided the fate of the world. My world. You see, I know that exile would happen, one way or another.

I’m not sure why I’m writing this. Nobody to read it. Just the barren earth and the ruins of once great cities. London turned to rubble, New York to dust. Nobody left. Just me.

But I am happy.

 

So I write. There is nothing else to do. No vicar to hear me, no temple to protect me as I repent for my ‘sins’. No gods shall seek revenge. Not this time.

Just me.

No plagues shall rid this world of the evil; no flood shall cleanse the world of impurities.

Just me.

I have finished what the gods began.

I’m watching my possessions out of the corner of my eye, small though they are; they shall be the beginning of my new world. They are memories, not for use, but for me alone. Alone sits a pile of holy texts, separated for its reverence and greatness. I am The Destroyer, on par with any god who dared to show its face. I am what religion was not.

They forgave, healed, and tried to save the masses from themselves. Leader of the flock. I, in my wisdom, fixed my brethrens mistakes. I destroyed them all, used my power for good, instead of helping them on their way to evil. They destroyed the world their gods gave them, pushed them away and broke the bonds. Killed their brothers in cold blood. I am the saviour of this world.

They healed, I wounded. They forgave what I condemned. Where they tried to save themselves, I truly set them free. Where so-called gods led their flock to pastures new, I led them to meat factories they created for themselves.

 

I spared none, not those who repented, not those who wept. No women, no children, no men, no warriors. No religion, no belief, no life. All are equal in the eyes of the gods.

A ghost, I am all that is left, the only memory of the life that once was.

 

I know the greater good, and I corrected this mistake of a world. Should have killed them instead of giving them freedom. Eden was a prison from which they should never have been released.

 

 

I’m watching now. Waiting for the righteous to reclaim their lives. The lives they have repressed as humankind destroyed all they had. The human’s homes are now the homes of the animals. Their corpses feed my people.

 

 

They were evil, and my cause was righteous. They fed on the flesh and blood of my people, the animals that now rule.

They imagined themselves to be closer to their god. They shall never know forgiveness. They are gone, their cities dust, and their mortal coils food for those they have fed on all these years.

 

 

I am all that is left. They may have called me evil, but I am not. I am hope for Earth, hope for the animals, hope for those who know not evil. Gods gave them free will, happiness, the lease for life. They destroyed it with depression and war. In return,

 

I destroyed them.

© 2008 None


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
Added on May 31, 2008

Author

None
None

United Kingdom



Writing
Driven Driven

A Poem by None


Truth Truth

A Poem by None


Downpour Downpour

A Poem by None