Untitled

Untitled

A Story by Zubier_abd
"

this story was written on my cell phone while i was extremely bored at a wedding

"

the sound of the wind could only be heard as Matt tired his hardest to summon up the courage to open the door. the door that had been haunting him so many years ago flitting through his subconscious like a dark temptress of doom always goading him on, taunting him to find out the truth about what happened so many years ago. what happened on that house on the hill that day. that day he lost his innocence. Matt pushed slowly and the door yielded with a mournful crack as its weathered hinges stirred into motion after countless days. a fine mist of dust greeted him as he entered the door and the truth that lay beyond. a quarter century ago Matt was a bright eyed boy of eight and along with his best friend Davy had a knack for adventure. they made their way into the house through a broken cellar window and entered the dark sanctuary of the demonic doctor who for many years had lived here. it was said he conducted experiments here.

as they made their way through the subterranean hall that was the doctors workshop they couldn't help but be awed by the sheer sadistic perverseness of that late doctor. on tables and shelves they found the long decayed remains of his experiments. animals trapped in wax and slowly dismembered, their last moments of agony etched on their faces. frogs and giant lizards lying in dank tanks with all sorts of needles jabbed into them bloated and rotting giving off a stench that cannot be comprehended let alone expressed in words. the two boys made their way safe in the knowledge that the doctor was now dead safely spending eternity in some dark dismal corner of hell. they reached the stairs and made their way into the main hall. Davy led the way and Matt as always followed. there were signs of a lost former grandeur here in this room. that once it was a home. but in the corner there were evil eyes staring.

The eyes stared on intently, soulless, their mind focused on some dark purpose and it was awhile before both of the boys could shift their gazes away. the eyes belonged to a horrid collection of dolls on a table in the dark house, as if they were the playthings of whatever dark creatures which resided here. they were not like other dolls. they seemed to give off an air of malice and danger and a feeling that they were there to keep the place protected, to watch over all that takes place in anticipation of the return of their dark master and to capture whatever dares to walk these halls. the boys moved on to the foot of the staircase where from the second flood they saw a long withered noose hanging there, no doubt used by the doctor when he ended his life. it was said by the people of the town that the doctor would lure unsuspecting travelers to the house and would perform experiments on some of them. it was also said in that what he did with the others was by far worse. their fate to either be his food or pawns used in dungeons. they say at night the house screams with the agony of the lost souls there all dying violent deaths at the hands of the sadistic madman.

on the second floor of the house they examined the rope which was there. near it they found a diary written in what seemed to be blood. in it was logged all details of the doctors horrid experiments, as they perused the book they found the mad scribblings of a man who was bent on searching for immortality no matter the cost. whether he succeeded or not was left in doubt as on the last page they found one thing written : dying is the first step in conquering death. puzzled by this the boys made their way down bck downstairs. at one end of the cracked mirror. Matt made his way towards it, it drawing him as if he was in the grips of some invisible force. as he got closer he felt the air start to get thicker and could see his breath misting in front of him. he looked in the mirror, its surface dulled by many moons of dust accumulating but on the outside edge of it he could discern some cryptic writings. he looked at his reflection again and where before there was just him staring back at himself with a terrified look on his face there now stood another figure slowly taking shape. the figure put one arm on his shoulder in the reflection and it was the doctor himself. the doctor gazed into Matt's eyes and said " welcome and hello to my funhouse" Matt knew no more and the world was enveloped in darkness. when he woke up he found he was outside from the house far away in his room. he couldn't recall how he got out or what had happened to Davy. Matt walked inside. those long suppressed memories flooding back. no one had seen or heard from Davy since that day and Matt was considered by many to have had a hand in his disappearance. all doubted his story and though the house was searched many times they failed to find even a trace of Davy.

Matt walked inside. he felt as though he was walking a fine line between his reality in search of answers and his worst nightmares trying to get out. the house was as before. the dolls still lay there staring blankly still waiting.waiting for their master who had never left them. his dark presence still hung like a malevolent spirit over the town.the rope was still frayed. still hanging. but something was different here today. he walked up the stairs towards the mirror and this time looking back at him in the mirror he saw another figure not his own. but it was not the doctor this time. this one was very familiar albeit much changed.

it was the grown up Davy looking back at him from the mirror. before he could comprehend what was happening the adult Davy now spoke

"and so you are back again my dear friend. you seem surprised to see me. your ignorance is apparent in your face. why don't you sit down and let me explain?"

his voice was hoarse and cold. like some one had given the winds of a hurricane the ability to speak.

as he said this a chair swept Matt off of his feet and invisible bonds restrained him.

"now that you are comfortable let me explain. as you no doubt can guess your friend Davy is long gone. you see the people of this town and this world have long looked at me with horror and fear, persecuting me for many years whereas i only wanted to learn how to cheat death. is there anyone alive who wishes to die? to just snuff out like a candle in the wind? but when i try and change this they come at me with torches and pitchforks. but now i have the last laugh. i have done what i set out to do. i am immortal now.. and you my friend will help me further my life. this vessel has served its purpose and now i will take a new body. yours."

Matt looked on helpless at his body in the mirror, a dark cloud enveloped him and as he slowly started to lose consciousness he saw his body stand up and a sly grin form on his face. then he knew no more

© 2012 Zubier_abd


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on August 25, 2012
Last Updated on August 25, 2012

Author

Zubier_abd
Zubier_abd

Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
I am an engineering student from Bangladesh and a huge bookworm. I have always enjoyed reading and have lately started to take writing a bit more seriously and am looking forward to improve my skills .. more..

Writing
Tanya Tanya

A Story by Zubier_abd


Love Love

A Story by Zubier_abd


Sally Sally

A Story by Zubier_abd