BLAH

BLAH

A Story by Milena

    Mr. Willinghem cleared his voice as he as many mornings sipped his coffee down to fast burning the inside of his throat. Flicking the morning paper he noticed me urge of his attention.
    "Yes Mrs.Flavishum are you in need of something?" Looking up from his paper he noticed a small white parchment in between my fingers labeled with gold writing.
    "This letter came for you they failed to write in a return address...so i can't fathom you sent it. But they took much care in it's arrival." Snatching it up from my hands he gave me a raised eyebrow look and returned to his seat.
     "This letter says that a woman is to come at half past two...she needs our help with a serious problem." his brow furrowed as he looked at it awkwardly.
      My arms crossed I returned to my desk and rearranged my flowers in their vase. I was certain he wasn't to tell me more then he just did. Mr.Willinghem was a very strange man he never passed up a case nor did he ever let his right hand woman in on any details. Fixing my bifocals I searched through some papers that he refused to sign. That man puts boils in my skin every time he doesn't listen to me. As the clock hands passed over the numbers again and again I began to wonder what was this woman's problem? I red in the paper that people were disappearing left and right in the back alleys of Drurry Lane. But for some odd reason no one has been able to catch whomever has been committing these crimes. The clock struck twelve promptly and i rose from my desk with out a word to my coworker who was sitting in the den playing his rediculuse violin. That man was something else something well frankly I haven't the foggiest of ideas yet. Pulling the wooden chair out from under the dining table it made a rather blundering screech that seemed to upset my employer.
    "God darn you woman I have a right good mind to kick you out! Where is lunch my girl? What were you doing all this while? PIcking your nose?" as cantankerous as he was I still manage not to slap him right across his gangly face.
    "Sir. I" he stopped me with one quick slice of his skinny hand.
    "I don't really care what you were doing just go do it know....and stop looking at me like I owe you money." He never admitted his faults but as a privet detective people could care less if he locked me in a cellar at night.
Continuing on into the kitchen I began to make a salad when the door bell rang and startled me out of deep thought.
    Proceeding over to the door I opened it only half way and inquired upon whom I was speaking with. A young woman stood before me with thick blond ringlets topped with a large hat adorned with white feathers. Her face was white as snow with rosy cheeks and two starry blue baby eyes with long curled eyelashes. She didn't have much in the ways of lips but her face was round and it sutted her quite well. Her dress was emboridered with pearls and flowers in a champagne color on a white stripped back drop. The train was quite feesible and the bottom looked so bluged that it didn't seen as if it would fit through the door.
    "I am looking for a Mr.Willinghem......Is he here?" Well the girl didn't even know where to go let alone who she was meeting with. I could have sent her off to the bakers and she wouldn't have smelt the difference.
    "Oh why yes, yes of course come right in he will be with you momentarily. Please sit in the fower while you wait." I sort of did a skip run to the kitchen where my employer waited with a dumb founded look on his face.
    "Your secret admirer is here, and i might say she is a looker. You did well with this one." He gave me a disgruteled look as he set off to the fower. Stopping as his stomach grumbled in retaliation. 

    "Madam what seems to be your trouble?" He was impatiant  with her not really caring what her problem was at all in fact I do believe he would have rather been eating then helping this poor child out.

    "It's my fiance you see he went missing about two days ago...and I do fear the worst, what with all of these men going missing and never turnning up, one begins to think on tings." I nearly puked. She was playing him for a sap 'what with all the goins on' Rediculus that woman could con a sheep out of it's whool.

   "Mrs.Flavishum would you mind getting me a contract for this woman she is in need of some assistance." Assistance out the door he means.

   Suddling off to find all of his contract copies he keeps lying around I wondered if this case was in fact linked to the disapearences of the other men or if this woman was meirly playing us for fools. She wasn't very coshure looking to me then again most pretty faces aren't.  


 

© 2010 Milena


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on May 9, 2010
Last Updated on July 22, 2010

Author

Milena
Milena

Honolulu, HI



About
Hey everyone I'm fourteen and new to the cafe. I love to write stories and i am working on my potery skills but i still suck. I am currently working on a book called In years a war could change. .. more..

Writing
Maggie Maggie

A Poem by Milena