Finding Myself

Finding Myself

A Story by Linksy
"

Just getting my feelings out there. Thanks for reading guys.

"

     I'm never good at starting stories. Like, once I start writing I can go on, but the beginning is the most difficult for me. I'm sure the more I progress in writing I'll get better at it, but hey, who knows!

     School ended at my school just like every summer. (I assume you know the school pattern and such.) I planned on doing so much. I got a job and I wanted to lose weight because I suffer from being really short and chubby. But I feel like I've accomplished nothing.

     I've spent most of this summer isolated in my room listening to music by La Dispute, Ghost Cat, and other super depressing bands that no one has ever heard of. I'm not emo or anything like that, but I've just been avoiding society lately. I don't really understand myself. Like, I used to yearn and crave on popularity, but now that I'm in high school I avoid as much attention as possible.

     I don't know if its because I'm maturing or I'm just hating the world the more I become aware of my surroundings. For example: I used to love teachers. I looked up to them and got along with them so well when I was young, but now that I'm in high school I hate a lot of teachers. Its not that I get in trouble or anything like that, but I'm starting to see teachers and other adults for who they really are. A lot of adults are really selfish and could care less about what happens to you in life. (Just to clarify, I'm going to be a sophomore in high school. I was a freshman when I started to realize what I was dealing with.)

     I'm not at all what I expected to be. When I was in kindergarten I thought I would be popular and be a cheerleader. Now I hang with a lot of pot heads and I hate the preppy kids. I think I'm still a good person. I treat people nice, I stand up to bullies, and I'm straightedge. (Straightedge: someone who doesn't drink alcohol, smoke, or do drugs.) Based on the people I hang with I would understand if someone assumed I'm a druggy, but I'm not. I hang out with those kids because they have good hearts and I like to see the best in everybody (or so I like to think.)

     Basically I have no clue who I am. I used to think I had life all figured out, but I realized I'm just some kid who's stuck with all the fucked up things that come with life. Maybe there's someone else like me. I like to think there is because it helps me think I'm not alone. Maybe we all are really alone. Maybe in the big scheme of things, no one is really there for us. Hopefully I can figure this stuff out whether I do by myself or I find someone to help me out along the way.

    

     I'd like to end this by saying I'm sorry if I made anyone depressed.


                                    Be happy, smile, and don't grow up to fast,

                                       Sincerely,

      Linksy <3

    

© 2014 Linksy


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen

Author's Note

Linksy
Basically just getting some feelings out of the way. Thanks for caring enough to read.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, a lovely story you have produced, Linksy. I like how you told the story and intertwined biography-like notes about yourself. It all flowed very smoothly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

its a beautiful story, like a small biography about the journey that you have been going through, i enjoy the flow of the written story that have made.

thanks for share

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 18, 2014
Last Updated on July 18, 2014
Tags: summer, isolation, truth

Author

Linksy
Linksy

Hickville , KS



About
I like music. I came to this website because I needed to fill a hole that's in my life. I don't know what's wrong. I just feel empty. Instagram: @_linksy_ Twitter: @_linksy_ more..

Writing