While I Lie Here

While I Lie Here

A Story by MadeleineHicks
"

Supernatural FanFic. Hurt Reader. Female reader. You were in a car crash, you knew you were going to die. So you let go but not before remebering all the great times with the boys.

"

Disclaimer-This is a Supernatural fanfic. It’s a Samwinchesterxreader. Y/N- Your name H/L- Hair length H/C- Hair color N/N- Nickname


While I Lie Here

You wake up,groaning from your sore muscles. You flopped out of bed rubbing your eyes trying to wake up. After you miraculously put your h/l h/c into a messy bun you grab one of Sam's flannels. You limp out of your room down to the bunker's kitchen; grumbling about how you let a damn ghost throw you around on your hunt with the boy's yesterday.

"Well good morning beautiful." Sam raises an eyebrow at you sensing your grumpiness.

"Morning." You smile as you bend down to see what he is looking at on his computer, planting a kiss on his cheek. As you look up you see Dean walk in. He looks like s**t. "Too much Tequila?" You ask trying to hold back a laugh.

"Shut up Y/N" Dean grumbled.

"Well lucky for you I can actually cook. Unlike you two asshats. Bacon and eggs anyone?" You ask, as you turn and grab your ingredients. Dean instantly perks up, unlike Sam who just grunts, to consumed in his research. You felt the familiar gust of wind as Cas entered the room also. "Hey Cas, would you like some breakfast?" You ask as you set plates of food in front of the boys.

"I would like that very much Y/N. Thank you." He said, sitting down on a stool next to Dean. You set the plate down in front of him, smiling. Grabbing a glass of water and aspirin you set it in front of Dean once he is finished.

"Thanks." He said around a mouthful of food. You cleaned up the kitchen before grabbing a beer from the fridge.

"Y/N, you know it's like 8:30 right?" Cas stated, looking a little worried.

"It's five o'clock somewhere." You said gulping the beer. Sam chuckled Dean wincing thinking he can't do that right now. "Well boys I am going to get ready and go hang out with Sophie. I'll be back." You smiled, walking back to your room. Taking a quick shower you throw on a black tank top, jeans and black combat boots. Stowing two knives in your socks, and one in the band of your jeans. Never can be to careful right? Slicking your hair into a sleek pony you grab your phone and walk to the front door.

"Bye guys! I'll call you when I am coming back!" You call. Stepping out into the snow covered ground in front of you. You get into your black Camaro. Turning on Tie by Led Zeppelin. Tapping your hand to the beat you drive off to Sophie's house. You guys had a great time, hanging out, drinking wine and watching cheesy movies.

"I had a great time Y/N." Sophie said giving you a hug. You bid your farewells and left her house. After a while you remembered to call Sam.

"Hey, Y/N. Are you leaving Sophie's house?" He asked.

"Yeah I am. Maybe forty-five minutes out." You said, smiling into the phone.

"Okay good. I was thinking pizza and watching Grey's Anatomy." Sam said.

"I would love that." You laughed.

"What toppings?" He asked.

"I don't-" You where cut off by a horn of a truck. Looking up you saw a semi barreling towards you, spinning out of control. You screamed trying to jerk the car out of the way. That only made the semi crash into your side of the car. Everything seemed to slow down, the car flipped multiple times, jerking your head every which way. Hearing Sam scream your name from your phone. Seeing the semi not slowing down. And most terrifying, seeing the edge of the mountain you were on and you tumbling towards the drop. Starting to cry you jerked at the belt frantically, trying to unbuckle it, but seeing it was already crushed and you can't get it out of the buckle. You watched helplessly as you plunged down the ledge. You knew you were going to die, you accepted it. Sending a prayer to Castiel, saying him to tell Sam how much you loved him and tell Dean he was such an amazing best friend and take care of Sammy for you. You told Castiel that he was an amazing friend and watch over the boys. Also, you loved all of them dearly. Lastly, you said you were going to die and you were tumbling down a mountain. You felt all the broken bones and cuts and lacerations appearing on your battered body. What felt like hours you finally landed at the bottom of the mountain, landing in a field. The car landed on it's hood, you clung desperately to consciousnesses. It was to painful and just letting go, slipping into the peaceful abyss. Your eyes flew open seeing you where still in the car, you yelled in pain as your body jerked from the adrenaline seeping away. It could have just been your mind playing tricks on you but you heard yelling. Suddenly, there was a flap of wings and Cas was crouched next to the door, worry and pain etched into his features. Sam and Dean came running up also, you noticed Sam had been crying.

"Don't cry, I knew I was going to die young due to hunting... but I didn't think it was going to be a car crash that was going to end me. Not really a kick a*s death now is it?" You rasped, a laugh turning into you coughing blood into your hand. Well your lung is gone.

"Don't say that N/N." Sam smiled weakly. "Cas! Get the damn door off!" Sam yelled. Cas snapped his fingers quickly the door vanished, Sam tried unbuckling the belt, cursing profusely.

"Knife in boot." Your voice barely a whisper. He quickly found it and cut the belt, grabbing you gently before you fell. Dean was already at the car turning it on. You started to slip away again.

"No! Y/N, come one stay with me. Your strong come on!" Sam yelled. You felt... so tired. Sleep sounded great. Slowly you slipped again, the last thing you heard was Sam screaming for Dean to get to the hospital.

~~Sam's POV~~

He stared down at the love of his life, limp in his arm. Terror blossoming in his stomach. You were so strong, if you broke your arm you pushed through, still fighting. If you got shot in the shoulder you would gank that son of a b***h. You were his warrior, but now seeing all the gashes, all the blood and your leg in an unnatural position he couldn't bear it. He let the tears dour from his eyes. Stroking your blood matted hair and whispering it will all be okay, that you can get through anything. Dean finally got to the hospital pulling up to the front, Sam got up and sprinted to the entrance. Y/N still clutched to his chest.

"Help! Someone help! Please!" He yelled ignoring the horrified looks of the people in the waiting room.

"Sir? What happened?" A nurse asked, he could tell she was trying to keep her cool.

"She was in a crash, rolled down a mountain." Sam looked at her wide eyed.

"Get her in surgery now!" The woman yelled. They rolled up a gurney and grabbed her from Sam. The man behind the desk called the trauma doctor, telling him to get ready for surgery. Sam jogged to keep up with you, hearing the nurse that was on top of you giving you compression that there is barely a pulse. Tears welled up in his eyes, feeling a strong hand on his shoulder, seeing Cas. Dean running up behind them.

"What did they say?" Dean asked slightly out of breath.

"She uh is going into surgery. And s-she barely has a pulse."Sam shuddered, his face scrunching thinking what he would do if he lost you. Dean pulled him into a hug, that's when his walls fell crying on his big brother's shoulder. Hours later Sam was staring at your bed- you are lying still hands at our side. All kinds of instruments are hooked up to you. Your breathing tube, the catheter, the fluids, heart rate monitor, brain activity monitor and the scariest part you can't breath by yourself the breathing tube is keeping you alive. You are so beaten and battered, both your legs broken, you were internally bleeding, one lung was deflated, there was a gash right above your right eye and you suffered major brain trauma. You had at least 120 stitches all over your body.  

~~Y/N's POV~~

While I Lie There...

You see only blackness. Yet content. You can't move. Yet you don't worry. You don't feel pain, or are scared or worried. You are content.

While I Lie There...

You think of Sammy. Of how you met.

You were solo back then, going on a simple rogue werewolf. You were in the woods in Connecticut, gun at the ready full of silver bullets. The moon was high lighting your way throughout the dense woods. You heard a low growl behind you, whipping around in enough time to shoot the b***h in the hip. It yelped in pain. You didn't realize the wolf wasn't alone, it had a partner. It jumped you taking a bite out of your shoulder, you screamed out in pain. Kicking it off, you jumped up ignoring the pain. You finally got a good shot at the wolf you already shot, killing it. The other one was still strong, as it jumped trying to bite you once again, you fell you the ground kicking up in enough time to kick it's stomach sending it flying into a tree. You shot it easily now that it was down. You heard more footsteps, spinning around you were about to shoot until you saw him. Sam.

"Whoa, whoa! Calm down, I'm a hunter too, that's my brother Dean." He said quickly, jerking his head toward a shorter man. Sam was so tall, with hair that reached his shoulders, with breathtaking hazel eyes. His brother, Dean, was shorter than Sam but he was short spiky honey hair, with sparkling green eyes. You still didn't drop your gun, narrowing your eyes at the brothers. You had trust issues. That's why you hunted solo. You slowly backed away, not taking your eyes away from Dean's glock. Sam narrowed his eyes at you as you winced from your shoulder. "You're hurt. Let me help you." Sam said, taking at the weapons he had off of him, setting them down and raising his hands, showing you he was harmless. You slowly sett your gun down, wincing at the bite, falling to your knees doubled over, groaning. Sam ran over to you placing a hand lightly on your back.

"I can fix myself." You groaned through clenched teeth.

"No you can't. Within two hours you will start to contract an infection. So let me help you." He said soothingly.

"Fine." You said, laying your forehead to the forest floor rocking back as white hot pain flashed through your body. Sam picked you up- bridal style- and walked to their '67 Chevy Impala. Sam sat in the back with your head laying on his lap and Dean driving.

"Damn werewolf." You winced. Sam chuckled, brushing your hair out of your face. You got to their motel room, the bite hurting more since your adrenaline is slowing down. Sam stood you up, leaning against the table in the kitchenette in their room.

"You will have to take off your shirt so I can see your bite." Same said hesitantly.  You nodded started to lift your shirt up and off your body but you touched the bite another wave of pain doubling you over. Clenching your jaw, hissing. Sam just cut the shirt off instead. You laid of one of the two queen sized beds laying of your stomach. He cleaned and stitched pretty quickly, finally putting a patch on it. He gave you one of his flannels to sleep in. He let you sleep in his bed for the night. Sam settled on the way to small couch. His legs dangled off and his neck is at an abnormal angel.

"Sam?" You whispered.

"Hmm?"

"Get your a*s up here. You look so uncomfortable." You smirk. Sam got up slowly, and lied in bed,you ever so slightly scooted closer to him, hoping he got the hint. Luckily he did, his arm wrapped around your waist pulling you closer, keeping your shoulder in mind. After that night something just clicked between you and the Winchester boys, you went of hunts with them and sooner or later moved into the bunker.  

While I Lie Here...

I remember meeting an angel of the Lord. Cas. He looked like he wanted to stab your eyes out with his angel blade half of the time. Well until he actually got to know you.

You were sitting on the couch, while Sam and Dean were arguing about how you next hunt would go. Castiel was standing in the corner just staring at you. His face was scrunched with consecration; wondering why Sam liked a human like me.

"What are you looking at Castiel?" You huffed, rolling your eyes.

"You are very quiet Y/N" He responded flatly.

"No s**t. An angel is staring at me like he wants to snap my neck with just a flick of his wrist." You muttered. Cas opened his mouth about to say something, but shrugged slightly agreeing with you. Over time you guys got better, within a year he didn't want to kill you. That's good right? He actually got friendly. Helping you on hunts, or cleaning up in the kitchen. He was bearable.

While I Lie Here...

I think back to becoming friends with the one and only Dean Winchester. He was always nice to you, he was the shoulder to cry on. When he hugged you it felt like your second home. His smile brighten your day.

"Y/N! Get your a*s out to the car." Dean called.

"Shut up Dean. I don't know if you know this but I am the only female in this testosterone filled bunker you call a home! I can't just throw on some boots a jacket and haul a*s out to the damn car!" You call back. You heard an exasperated huff, smirking you walk out of your room towards the front door. You felt hands spin you around and throw you up on his shoulder.

"DEAN!" You laugh. "Stop it I can walk you a*s!"

"You take too damn long shut up and let's go" He huffed. When he gets to the car he sets you down and gets into the driver's seat. "You guys are like brother and sister." Sam laughs.

"Awe is Sammy jealous?" You tease.

"Oh yeah, SO jealous." He said turning around to look at you. You smiled brightly.

"Well it's good to know you are a little cuter than your brother now isn't it?" You narrow your eyes at your boyfriend.

"Hey! I object!" Dean said, flipping you off. You smack him in the back of the head.

"Castiel, I need your help." You say. Cas instantly pops into the car.

"Y/N, are you hurt? What happened?" He asked worried.

"Oh no no one is hurt. I just have a question. Who is cuter? Sam or Dean?" You giggle at the horrified looks from all of the boys.

"Well, Samuel has a more symmetrical face structure. And if I am correct women like symmetrical face more than not." Cas said, narrowing his eyes at the boys, examining their faces.

"HAHA." You shout at Dean, "You have a lopsided face! That's even better!" You smiled rubbing it in his face.

"When we get home I am so going to hurt you." Dean clenched his jaw. The hunt was fairly easy, just some vamps, that decided they wanted to kill everyone in sight. Of course you were bait, but you only got a few scratches. Once you got back to the bunker Dean tackled you onto the couch.

"Dean! S-Stop it!" You squeal was he starts to tickle you. Trying to kick him off. "Stop!" Finally you got a good kick to his gut, making him get off of you.

"I forgot you can somehow maneuver yourself out of anything." Dean groaned clutching his stomach. Sam chuckled from the kitchen, you smiled over at him.

While I Lie Here...

You am ready to leave, You have remembered all the greatest times with the boys. You are content, there is no pain, no worry nothing. You have said your goodbyes, and even your see you laters. You know you are going to Hell but you are strong, a fighter. It will be fine.

~~Sam's POV~~

He just stares at you more, tightening his grip on your hand. Not wanting to let you go. When you wake up Sam promised himself you will be safe, from everything. Dean is sprawled out on the couch in the corner of the room, Cas is standing on the other side of your bed, anger and hurt prominent in his icy eyes. Sam just wanted you to wake up and smile that wonderful smile of yours. Hell they all wanted to see you smile again, laughing at them saying it was a prank. The heart monitor started going crazy, your breathing compressor was moving erratically. Sam looked up horror filled his features. Dean woke up suddenly yelling for the doctor, punching the blue button by your bed signaling it's an emergency. Sam couldn't do anything but watch as your body started convulsing, jerking about. Doctors and nurses started running in and yelling for everyone to get out, that's when Sam snapped out of his daze.

"No! What's happening! No STOP! Y/N!" He yells as a nurse pushes him out and closes the door behind her. Tears are rolling down his face steadily now. "What's h-happening?" He asked.

"Sir, she is going into septic shock. She might not make it. I am very sorry." She said, looking down.

"Wh-What the hell is septic shock?!" He yells.

"Organ failure." She said. Sam yelled at her for not trying hard enough, that you are strong, you can and will get through this. She tried to calm him down, Dean pulled him away apologizing to the nurse.

"I need to be there Dean! Stop it!" Sm yelled at his brother.

"Y/N wouldn't want you to act like this, hell she would yell at you to get your head out of your a*s and man up." Dean chuckled sadly. Sam nodded, walking back to your room, looking in through the window he saw your body jumping as they tried to restart your heart. He clutched to window frame, hearing the one thing he didn't want to hear. The heart monitor making one signal held out beep. Your heart stopped. The doctors were talking to each other glancing up at the clock.

"Time of death... 9:43 PM.” They all started shuffling out of your room, all giving him sad smiles, and words of encouragement. Sam could barely see through the tears, he walked in slowly. Not able to do anything else. Then, every wall he had put up, every block and every hope just fell; crumbling to pieces within his mind. He ran over to your lifeless body clutching you tightly and crying into your hair. Dean and Cas walked in, placing a hand on his back, tears filling their eyes as well. after about an hour Sam couldn't cry anymore.

"We need to do a hunter's funeral." He sniffled, looking up to the other men. They nodded sadly.

~~Funeral~~

All of your friends where there. Jo, Ellen, Sophie, Bobby, Cas, Charlie, Anna even Kevin. Everyone watched as Sam and Dean put your body on a bed of wood, Sam lit a match looking down at it. And threw it. He looked up and watched as the love of his life gets engulfed in flames. Sam broke down, hugging Dean. Everyone was crying, praying that you would go to Heaven, but in the back of their minds they knew every hunter was going to Hell. If they wanted to or not. Your friends slowly started to go back home leaving Sam while Dean and Cas were in the car. Sam looked down, unclenching his hands and looking at the engagement ring he was going to give you the day you were in the crash.

© 2016 MadeleineHicks


Author's Note

MadeleineHicks
First fanfic. Hope you like it! :) (Sorry if there are mistakes)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 9, 2016
Last Updated on August 6, 2016
Tags: supernatural, fanfic, minorswearing, firstfanfic, samxreader, deanxreader, casxreader, majorcharecterdeath, friends, funeral, crying, carcrash, death, memories, flashbacks

Author

MadeleineHicks
MadeleineHicks

St. Louis , MO



About
Unterschätzen Sie nie den Schmerz einer Person. In aller Ehrlichkeit, jeder gebrochen. Manche Leute sind einfach besser darin als andere versteckt. more..

Writing