Car Ride

Car Ride

A Story by aGcWriter
"

A woman goes for a car ride.

"

 The middle-aged woman sat down in her car and closed the door behind her. Her golden hair cascaded onto her narrow shoulders and down her back. She didn't know where she was going, she just knew she was going. Her mind wandered to where she could go, to her parents whom she hadn't seen in years, her mind flashed to an old park where her and her friends spent countless afternoons just talking about boys and life. Her dainty hands grabbed the keys and found their way to the ignition, with a sigh of relief she turned the key and the engine roared to life. She relived the conversations she had with her friends and their dreams for the future, she felt almost guilty for not staying to the plan. In that car seat she relived so many events from her life, dancing with her friends all night long, falling in love, crying over lost loves, all the road trips with her friends, backpacking through Europe, she had lived, where was she now? Sitting in a car unsure of where she'd go. She continued to relive her youth, and all the ups and downs that came with it. Campfires, sneaking out of her parents house, she missed the excitement the spontaneity, She took one last breath and she left, her 8 year old son found her the next morning, sitting in the family's parked car in the garage, engine still running.


© 2015 aGcWriter


Author's Note

aGcWriter
1- I was high writing this
2-It's the first thing I've ever written
3-Only preparations were random thoughts I had at work
4-I know it sucks

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on October 15, 2015
Last Updated on October 15, 2015
Tags: short, story. shortstory, 1page, one, page, death, life, car, suicide

Author

aGcWriter
aGcWriter

Port Hope, ON, Canada



About
I get high and write what comes to mind don't expect too much. more..