Tears Revealed

Tears Revealed

A Poem by Art Freeman

Last night, I cried.
Sighed, deep inside
Where pain can be found
Confined alive.


The stain of tears
Tore through my eyes.
Drained fluids
I never knew were mine.


Confused was I.
A man reduced,
A child.


Feeble;
Desperately needing people.
Feening for the touch
Of someone meaningful.


Left with each feeling
Each part of my heart
Was feeling null;
Void and unacceptable.


Yet so unavoidable.
So vulnerable,
Coiled in an informal pose.
Soiled from head to clothes.


Every wound was so exposed;
Open.
Yet so hard to show.
Hoping no one knows.
Or notices the stream
That steady flows;
Drenching the parch crevices
Of a soul defeated.


Shredded to pieces
And depleting.
Reaching for something
Fleeting and
Disappearing.


Yet so near it is
That I can hear it.
Screaming
With a harsh voice
Turned hoarse.


Forced to tap into
Emotions stored.
Trapped and marred.
Abandoned
By a train of heart
Charted off course
And lost.

© 2010 Art Freeman


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That moment comes to us all, at some point. Be it expected or not.
All captured here, sorrow, despair, longing, emptiness.
The words drew me in from the first line, Images very real, and takes you smack, bang into the soul of a person who is at a very low ebb.
The ending held no resolve, more a realisation there are issues needing facing. Of course, I could be talking out of my arse (ooppss)
But I loved this as I do all your work.


Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What I have just read is a relection of your name Art. The flow is very smooth and the feeling of sadness and loneliness is strong and powerfully expressed. Good write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dammmnnn, this was deep. I felt that. Okay now I'm depressed. But yeah, I have been here, I have felt that low and lonely and depressed. One thing I have learned in life you must experience it all. To appreciate it All. Great job!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love this poem I can relate to it in so many different ways, it's great.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You captured such deep sorrow and loneliness in a single drop. What an amazing write and incredible read! The flow is nothing short of perfection as it traces the formation of the tear to it's actual falling. Love the rhythm, love the pace. Good work, Art!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm ridiculously vulnerable... loved the flow, a dewy tear felt.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

you really described feelings of lonliness very well in this piece. it almost makes me understand how a man feels about exposing his emotions too much. they're always on the back burner because society doesn't accept a man with tears in his eyes. lovely, just lovely

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I really like this. This is well written and everyone could relate to this. Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

The greastest thing about your poetry is that others can relate. Another great thing is that you speak from your heart and your soul. Every word fits in with the other as if they were meant to be spoken in that way. Every letter, every word and every sentence belongs in this poem. I think you did a great job on this one. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

The person described in this poem sounds as if he is in one of the phases in "The Male Monthly Cycle" a piece I wrote not long ago. I can't figure out if he is in the cave or exposure phase. Nonetheless, if this is a piece of self reflection, I hope that you have received some healing from your pen. If it is a piece of reflection on an emotion of someone else, I hope they have received some healing from your pen! : ) Blessings.

-j

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

Oh my goodness, I really needed to read this....I feel like you were feeling what I was going through last night.....it was beautiful.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

506 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2008
Last Updated on October 25, 2010

Author

Art Freeman
Art Freeman

Brooklyn, NY



About
...I rode for Miles on Coltrane...became Dizzy when I met the Duke...spent the Holiday with the King...and a handsome Monk...but it was a colorful Hancock that taught me how to Cooke and Count... - a.. more..

Writing
Rape Rape

A Poem by Art Freeman



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Kiss Kiss

A Poem by Art Freeman


Rape Rape

A Poem by Art Freeman


Poetry Poetry

A Poem by Art Freeman