End of Passion

End of Passion

A Story by Angela Abate

I lay there on your bed staring up at the ceiling as you talked. Your voice speeding up as if you were afraid I would interrupt you and leave without a word, as I had before.

"I'm going to turn my whole life around. Smoke less weed, party less, focus more on school... learn how to commit..." 
Suddenly you were on top of me, my legs on each side of you as you kissed my neck, pressing your body hard against mine.

"You and me, we're making it. We're in Chicago, working toward our dreams. We got this. Ive got the most beautiful girl underneath me right now..." your breathing quickened as you looked down at me.
Your hand slid up my shirt as you kissed me deeply, leaving my mouth with the taste of weed and Pepsi. I couldnt take one more second of it. Of you. My young passion was no longer enough to keep me in your bed.

"I want to be single. I know we said no titles. And I know we said we were exclusive. I just think... I should be single this semester." I finally spoke. My voice came out stronger than I expected, not even an ounce of saddness seeped through my tone.

You rolled off of me, your hand remaining on my chest as you collapsed against the bed. 

"Fine. Be single then." you whispered. Your face hidden in your pillow.

I watched as you stood, tossing my wallet and phone onto the bed next to me before leaving the room.

© 2013 Angela Abate


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this. Can definitely relate to it

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
1 Review
Added on January 23, 2013
Last Updated on January 23, 2013

Author

Angela Abate
Angela Abate

Chicago, IL



About
Writing is my passion and my future. I am a student in Chicago, IL, majoring in Creative Non-Fiction Writing and minoring in Cultural Studies. I am known to be full of surprises. more..

Writing