Feet on the Ground

Feet on the Ground

A Poem by Andrew Anderson
"

Finding love for some people can be quite easy; for others, finding love can be a never-ending battle of the sexes. I am truly happy where I stand today.

"
Wandering around trying to find the right one, the one to make me smile and laugh.
That's all I ever wanted and for the longest time she couldn't be found. 
Going from town to town, only having minor glimpses of happiness. 
I could never find solid ground in which to rest my tired feet. 
They say if you go out looking for love you'll only find disappointment in all the wrong places. 
Love is patient and comes to those who wait. Words have never rang truer than they do today. 
I gave up all sight of hope, locked that door and threw away the key! I was over. I was done. 
One day when I had least expected, a girl came walking into my life. 
A girl in which I had never seen before. It felt so real looking into her eyes for the first time. 
I couldn't contain my excitement. Where there was once hate, love began to creep up. 
I've been in love before but this time it was different. It had a spark, one that could ignite damp wood.
The fire that started that day is still burning bright; brighter than any other fire in my heart, mind and soul.
Meeting you was a true blessing and one that I am so thankful for. 
Something that almost feels too good to be true but I know that its not. Why you may ask...
You're standing by my side still today and where we stand is solid ground. 
You make me feel a way I've only read of in stories that I believed would never come true. 
Now you have brought me that reality and I could not be any happier than I am today. 
Loving you has been the easiest decision of my life. 
Loving you forever will be just as easy since I know we are on solid ground together.   

© 2017 Andrew Anderson


Author's Note

Andrew Anderson
Just a free verse poem talking about my love and I. More to come later! I'm thinking about doing a whole series on our relationship as we move forward. Let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on April 1, 2017
Last Updated on April 1, 2017
Tags: love, dating, relationships, patience, perseverance

Author

Andrew Anderson
Andrew Anderson

CA



About
A fan of poetry. I write about my life and a lot of what I go through. more..

Writing