Bacon and Eggs and Love.

Bacon and Eggs and Love.

A Story by Aatreyee Ghoshal
"

A story about a lesbian and a bisexual woman, estranged but still crazy about each other. Can they make it back to each other?

"
She lay awake, subconsciously playing with her phone, her mind elsewhere, staring at a nonexistent point in space.
It was exactly 3.21 am. Her room was dark, the AC was on, and she had everything she needed to have a peaceful, long sleep, something she desperately needed.
It had been exactly 3 months and 7 days from when they had split.
And yet, Rebecca lay awake till dawn, thinking of her, warped in the memories she shared with the one person she was sure she would spend an eternity with.

.....

Ashley stifled an almost bored yawn as he desperately, pathetically tried to yank her back to bed. She point blank refused, and with a wave of her hand, indicated him to go away. And like the obedient submissive that he was, he left, that soulful, lovesick puppy look still in his eyes.
She wrapped a robe around her gorgeous body, and sat up on the bed, and put her head in her hands.
She hated these bloody emotions. Always ruining her mood.
After a year with Rebecca, a man's touch felt alien, repulsive even. And in the last three months, Ashley had tried with numerous, uncountable men. Yet, something was always missing. It wasn't _fun_. It didn't have the reckless, light headed excitement she shared with her. There was no spark.
Ashley sighed irritably and lit a cigarette. The bedside table said 3.38 am. As she put the cigarette between her teeth, a memory flashed in front of her eyes as though it were yesterday.
Ashley and Rebecca, sharing a cigarette, right after a fun, exciting and glorious night. Staring at each other's faces in the dim light, taking in all the perfections and the imperfections, occasionally running a hand through each other's hair, and smiling softly. Together. Happy.
The memory crashed something inside her. She felt a quiver through her body.
She tossed the cigarette away in disgust and leaned back, and put her head against the pillow, knowing full well sleep wasn't going to reward her with its sweet peace anytime soon.

...

5.03 am.
Rebecca picked up her phone. Turned it on, and quickly opened Instagram.
The page automatically opened to Ashley's page.
She saw the pictures she had uploaded in the last three hours. None. Obviously, she thought incredulously to herself, chuckling in spite of herself, almost in pain. She wasn't spending her nights awake and miserable, like Rebecca.
Her agony escalated to a whole new level as she thought of what Ashley could be doing right now. Her stomach tightened. She must be spending her night with some guy. Some guy who was making her happier than Rebecca could. Well, she was happy. That was what mattered, right?
It felt like a war raging on inside her. Internal firecrackers lit up her brain, and she felt real, physical pain as she thought of Ashley and her smile, that no-nonsense smile she smiled, that made you want to to smile too, that smile which made you feel that there was nothing more beautiful, more true in the world.
She missed her. So much that it hurt.
She loved her. More than any guy ever, ever possibly could. Couldn't Ashley see that?
Rebecca opened her texts, and opened the chat with Ashley. The last few messages, she tried her best to avoid looking at.
She typed, _I miss you, Ash. I love you._
She almost pressed send, but then stopped. Her heart was racing and cold sweat was on her forehead, her neck. Should she do it?
Her ego got the better of her. Her fear, pain, shame overpowered her, and she closed the window and kept her phone away, tears streaming down her cheeks.

..

Ashley went to the bathroom. Dirty men's underwear greeted her.
The guy from last night was snoring on her couch, his mouth open and saliva dripping down his chin. He had drowned her best, most expensive wine, and had even messed up her pantry.
She almost screamed in frustration.
"Rebecca would never do that." Her subconscious threw at her.
She stood up straight in agitation.
Why the hell was she comparing everything and everyone with Rebecca?! It was getting annoying, disgusting, tiring.
Maybe it's because you feel bad. You miss her. And deep down, you know, you won't ever be able to feel the same way about anyone else.
She slapped her own forehead in an attempt to get the voice in her mind to shut up. But there it was, saying the same thing.
For the first time in three months and seven days, Ashley sat down, and wept. She let the tears fall freely.
She put her ego aside. For the first time, she allowed herself to truly feel the pain, the shame, the insecurity. She allowed herself to feel broken for the first time.
Memories flashed in front of her eyes.
Rebecca and Ashley sitting together on the rooftop of the house they shared, holding hands and staring at the sunrise, holding hands and smiling softly.
Rebecca and Ashley sitting together, Ashley's head buried in Rebecca's shoulder as she cried over her dead father and Rebecca's hand tightly clasped her own and never left her on her own.
Rebecca and Ashley laughing together, alone in a movie hall.
Rebecca and Ashley, those countless breathless nights together, where they explored each others' bodies and became one, staring at each other with interwined fingers.
Rebecca and Ashley fighting over a small, trivial matter. Rebecca always coming and apologizing first, and then the two of them making it up over ice cream, tears, laughs and kisses.
Rebecca and Ashley holding hands, walking on the beach, the sky a deep, gorgeous red. Rebecca and Ashley, kissing deeply, laughing, every time a wave hit one of them.
Rebecca and Ashley. Together. Happy.
Ashley's head jerked up.
She got up, and quickly searched for clothes.
Screw her goddamned ego.
She knew what she had to do.

...

Her alarm rang.
Rebecca didn't even bother to turn it off.
She felt as though someone had placed a huge weight on her head. She slowly got up from bed and went downstairs. Another day. She repeated the mantra in her head; _get up, eat, work and sleep and repeat till it's not so hard anymore._
She fixed breakfast. She thought she'd make bacon and eggs. Ashley's favourite.
Nah.
She decided to go with good old oatmeal.
The bell rang.
Rebecca groaned inwardly and walked up to the front door.
She opened the door.
Ashley, with her beautiful caramel hair in a messy bun, her eyes tired and bloodshot.
On her face was a smile. That smile. Rebecca's smile.
They just stared at each other, without a word.
Ashley broke the silence, impatiently. "Just invite me in already."
And as she got in, like she owned the place, and teased Rebecca with another glamorous smile, Rebecca smiled to herself. Bacon and eggs it is.

© 2016 Aatreyee Ghoshal


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Aatreyee Ghoshal
Hi! I really hope you liked it, I tried my best to make it relatable and everything. Please let me know how you liked it! I'm looking forward to your reviews. Please ignore whatever small mistakes you come across. Thanks so much. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on September 21, 2016
Last Updated on September 21, 2016
Tags: Bisexual, lesbian, romance, break up, love, gay, sex

Author

Aatreyee Ghoshal
Aatreyee Ghoshal

Kolkata, West Bengal, India



About
I'm just a fourteen year old teen, I write to distact myself from the mess I call life. But whatever I write, I write from my heart. I love writing. It's a part of who I am. more..

Writing