Stay Awake at Work #2

Stay Awake at Work #2

A Story by Andrea A. Wentz
"

Before the morning coffee, what can happen? A true story with a little creative license.

"
 

Once I knew a man, who as a teenager was NOT a morning person by any stretch of the imagination.  When he woke up, well lets just say he wasnt quite all there.

 

In the morning, his usual breakfast was a piece of toast with some eggs his mom would fry up for him, but he had to make his own toast.  He lazed thru the motions, put the bread in the toaster, push the lever down, wait.........wait some more...........POP!!!  Grab the toast and put some butter on it.  Relieved that task was over, he turned to grab his eggs.  In doing so he dropped his freshly buttered piece of toast, face down, onto the floor.

 

Tired, and still half awake, he leaned down to retrieve it.  He didnt feel like going thru the motions again, and he knew his mother kept a clean floor, so he proceeded to pick off the little bits of dirt and such that had clung to the buttered side.  He picked and picked, but there were some pieces he just couldnt get off.  Annoyed, he turned on the faucet and begain rinsing off his toast.

 
 

© 2008 Andrea A. Wentz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

ha another great one... mini funny twilight zones.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Gross! Hee hee, I am bad in the mornings too though- anything that goes on before coffee is beyond my control.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Funny, what not funny is that I feel like that man some mornings. lol Great piece of writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


lol, that was actually really funny. good job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


haha, this is great... i think this is how a lot of people feel in the morning... granted i never washed off the toast but i have come close... haha


Posted 16 Years Ago


My god, are you stalking me?!

I have this problem a lot. I do the silly things that really only compound the problem. It's why mornings and I don't get along. It's not a pretty bedside fellow, anyway. Bad morning breath.

Fun write here, Mac.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Funny - oh the things we do us nightstalkers that can't seem to get our eyes open in the morning's. Nice little write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Okay yeah we rock the five second rule in this house. If we didn't my kids would never eat.
But the fool in your story is going to have to go thru all the motions again because bread gets soggy when wet. Ewwwwwww, okay just though of eating soggy bread. Haha. Poor man doesn't know what he is in for. Great job on the step by step walk thru of his morning.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Does the five second rule apply to buttered toast? I think so.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on March 31, 2008

Author

Andrea A. Wentz
Andrea A. Wentz

Phoenix, AZ



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..