THE FRAGMENT OF SPACE AND TIME, part 3: "Moonlight"

THE FRAGMENT OF SPACE AND TIME, part 3: "Moonlight"

A Story by Ana Bahor
"

A super story about longing.

"
THE FRAGMENT OF SPACE AND TIME, part 3: 
"Moonlight"


The moonlight that found it's way through the branches of tall dark trees, enlighted my face as I stepped from underneath the old pine tree. I heard a quiet noise behind me, as if something had been moving closer but I didn't turn to check on what it was. To be honest, I didn't really care. The forest, dark and unfriendly, made my bones tremble with fear, alongside with the cold wind whistling on my face and the loud caws from a forlorn crow. But I didn't really pay all that much attention to it, because I knew he was close by. Him. 

I heard the fallen twigs break again, this time even closer to my side. When someone touched my hand, I trembled softly. I heard a quiet whisper in my ear: "I got you now."

A smile crept on my face, because this time I knew I wasn't dreaming. I knew I will not wake up, not this time. I turned around and looked at him. Just like in my dreams. His face was dashingly beautiful and I automatically extended my arm to touch him. My cold fingers brushed his warm face and he smiled back at me. He placed his hands on my shoulders and led me out, on a small meadow. 

Standing in the moonlight seemed like eternity and his kisses felt better than ever. When the sunlight started to appear on the horizon, his hand in mine slowly started to fade away. To disappear. I tried grasping it even tighter, pull him back to reality, but I couldn't stop it for the world.

"NOO!" I screamed loudly and woke up in my own bed, as the first sunbeams tickled my face and reminded me that it was all just a dream. Just a dream.

© 2016 Ana Bahor


Author's Note

Ana Bahor
Another one of my stories from The Fragment of Space and Time series!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was great. Sweet dreams!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


A very nice tale. Left the reader with strong ending. I like the set-up of the short story. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana Bahor

8 Years Ago

thank you :)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2016
Last Updated on February 2, 2016
Tags: love, dreams, longing, heartbreak

Author

Ana Bahor
Ana Bahor

Lokovica, Slovenia



About
I'm a Slovenian writer and I believe writing is my safe harbor as well as the best way to express my self creatively. more..

Writing