Hold On

Hold On

A Story by Abdul Aziz
"

This is not really a story. Just stray thoughts about my visit to the Indian Institute of Science. Do let me know if you like it.

"
I think I am lucky to have visited this place at the right time. It likely has rained yesterday, as evidenced by the ripples of water running by the canals at the side of the road. The rain has cleaned any dust that might have settled on the trees and the sun illuminates them perfectly now.

Trees line the sides of the wide roads, serene, ancient, infusing the place with a sense of authority and timelessness. Light streams through the abundant green of the leaves and the occasional yellows, reds and oranges coating the flowers, the sun hanging like an ornament on the canvas of the blue sky.

The yellow leaves beneath my feet crunch as I tread upon them while inhaling the breeze.

The trees cover our road above, and never let the streams of light overwhelm us. The end effect is a glittering tapestry of leaves and light, dabbling in a coy exhibition of a dance of luminescence.

The place makes me feel one with nature, a setting perfect for research about nature. The nuances and intricacies of how each structure blends with the environment is something that must be experienced first hand. It cannot be captured in words. The heart feels a longing as I walk through the streets here, as it gently tugs at the chords that hold my valves.

Is it the charm of novelty? Will it wear off if I return here often? I will not know that until I return here.

What I do know is I miss you immensely. I want nothing more right now than to hold you, to hug you, to keep you close. There is light between my fingers, where there should really have been your fingers locking into mine. I walk through the streets anyway, lost in nature and in thoughts of you.

© 2013 Abdul Aziz


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a lovely picture you've painted. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Abdul Aziz

10 Years Ago

Thank you :)
This is lovely, Abdul. The images are crisp and vibrant in my mind. I follow you as you walk and I feel your wistfulness...wanting to share this moment with her. Angi~

Posted 10 Years Ago


Abdul Aziz

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I am glad you liked it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 4, 2013
Last Updated on June 4, 2013

Author

Abdul Aziz
Abdul Aziz

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India



About
Hello there. I'm a medical doctor by profession, in search of a better career. Right now, my only pastime seems to be navigating around the vicissitudes of life. I'm passionate about computers and p.. more..

Writing