Serene Pandemonium

Serene Pandemonium

A Poem by Abdul Aziz

Vagabonds and ragamuffins
Scream in delight;
Cry in unison in arson,
Yelling tonight.

Vagaries in their retribute,
Kindred denied.
Joyous, savage, time they ravage,
In packs tonight.

Pandemonium, their way to
Sanctuary.
Sagacity - our serene way
Toward misery.

© 2010 Abdul Aziz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Seems I am not the only who does not understand this poem :S

I agree with Dinesh, in that you should explain the story in the note.
I'm sorry man, but I am stumped - lol


Posted 13 Years Ago


I have to admit, this was one of your thought provoking ones, a powerful piece built beautifully.
-Cathrine

Posted 13 Years Ago


The two sides of the coin that really seperates the planet. Why we can't find some kind of middle ground without the violence and hatred I will never know. waiting for the time that we ALL transcend and work for common goals, goals that make sense. Nice rhyme on this, dead on and well thought out. Loved this both as a pice of writing and an eloquently relayed thought.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Maybe you should explain the poem in your note. I'm not getting it.. But the choice of words is awesome.

Posted 13 Years Ago


On a personal level, I've always liked the words 'vagabond' and 'ragamuffin'...But onto the review!

I almost can't quite figure this poem out! "Sagacity - our serene way/ Toward misery" sounds like you're describing the chaos that accompanies wisdom. Or the lonely seclusion of thinkers. Hmm. But as whole, I receive the impression of the wayfayer who has shunned society and accompanies only their thoughts to whatever joy that brings them, despite the turmoil that tags along. I suppose I could pull several more meanings, as there is that hint of ambiguity and with that comes subjectivity, but I'm content with the words alone.

An impacting write; it definitely made me think. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


awesum dude!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2010
Last Updated on June 29, 2010

Author

Abdul Aziz
Abdul Aziz

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India



About
Hello there. I'm a medical doctor by profession, in search of a better career. Right now, my only pastime seems to be navigating around the vicissitudes of life. I'm passionate about computers and p.. more..

Writing