Raining Love - an etheree

Raining Love - an etheree

A Poem by Abdul Aziz
"

The poetry form, Etheree, consists of 10 lines of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 syllables.

"
Drops
Of rain
Don't restrain
Their sweet refrain.
A heavenly grain
Falls on her lovely frame.
I try in vain to contain
This love that hits me unashamed.
The petals crave for her touch - Of rain -
I see her symphony come unrestrained.

© 2010 Abdul Aziz


Author's Note

Abdul Aziz
The rhyme wasn't necessary. Etherees don't have end rhymes, but I decided to add some to see how the end product is. Please do tell me if I can improve this.

Written on 10/14/09

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh man...this is fantastic! The addition of rhyme worked out nicely (and I like that you kept the same rhyme throughout...that just seems to fit well for an Etheree). I don't think I'd change a thing. Line 9 is so strong....I love it. This is a gem. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This Etheree of yours was a great inspiration to me. I just placed may first Etheree on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration, Abdul! It's called Rose & Rain

Posted 10 Years Ago


Abdul Aziz

10 Years Ago

What better praise than this! I'm happy my small poem could inspire you.
Aethereal

10 Years Ago

All of your poems inspired me. I'll inform you each time another one inspires me to write another po.. read more
Great poem. I love it. Inspires me to try out the 'Etheree' as well. Thanks.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh I am in love with your Etheree. Anything about rain has my heart and this piece is truly lovely. I think taking the risk to (mono)rhyme was a clever maneuver that yielded wonderful results. It is not trite or intrusive, depicting an image that is rapturous to the reader.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice..well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wonderful work. sudden inspiration for romantic poetry? this is a new favourite.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh man...this is fantastic! The addition of rhyme worked out nicely (and I like that you kept the same rhyme throughout...that just seems to fit well for an Etheree). I don't think I'd change a thing. Line 9 is so strong....I love it. This is a gem. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It was only after reading this piece that I looked into etherees. I didn't know about the form until now and after looking into it I can honestly say that it appeals to me; I plan to try my hands at it one day :)
I've read that etherees are not supposed to have rhymes, but your effort here is quite welcome, as you weave in the rhymes to good effect.

Nicely done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


While succinct and seemingly simplistic, I love the etheree. Better yet, I love the double etheree.

Rain is just one of those topics that everyone can relate to. It falls and seems to cleanse and make everything new.

You did very well with the rhyme scheme as it does not detract from the poem nor does it seem obnoxiously obvious.

I love the image of the flower, her petals craving the touch of rain, and her symphony coming unrestrained. You begin your poem with rain, which gives blossom to sweet petals of poetry.

Linda Marie Van Tassell

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the form i think this is very well written
I like this. I like the rhyme.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think is fine as it is written.
Rain, put in this context is wonderfully refreshing!
Well written. I do not mind the rhyme...

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

660 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 25, 2010
Last Updated on June 25, 2010

Author

Abdul Aziz
Abdul Aziz

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India



About
Hello there. I'm a medical doctor by profession, in search of a better career. Right now, my only pastime seems to be navigating around the vicissitudes of life. I'm passionate about computers and p.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..