She won't fail

She won't fail

A Poem by Abdul Aziz
"

My friend's best friend was recently diagnosed with Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I wrote this poem to make her feel better. The best part is, her best friend's lymphoma remitted!

"
You're trying to hide from a river of tears
Beneath stoic caverns and disguised fears.
But streams come trickling by
No matter how hard you try
Till the gleaming of your eye all but disappears.

She's forced to ride through fear and pain,
Not knowing if she'll see you again.
Through misty eyes you see
That all that's meant to be
Is part of His decree, the sunshine and the rain.

Pray, believe that this is not the end.
See the rainbow waxing in, my friend.
You know not what entails;
She will be fair and hale,
I assure you she won't fail; for you are there to mend.

© 2010 Abdul Aziz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your heart-felt gesture at writing this poem and the sentiment that it contains does not escape me. It's beautiful and well-appreciated I'm sure.



Posted 13 Years Ago


Words have such a soothing, comforting, and healing power when used for such a purpose. You have done exactly that in this case. You friend and his/her friend should be thankful that they have someone like you. You've provided them with an outlet to alleviate the pain and encouragement to keep on.

Good job :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Aww, This is adorable. I'm glad you wrote this piece because this piece is really touching. Thanks for writing it. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ohh.. that's brilliant..I am speechless...

Posted 13 Years Ago


What more can a poem offer other than conveying the sense it intended to and make the concerned person feel better? Even readers such as me feel much faith in these words, then that person must have felt tons of relief and all the credit for the good deed goes to you :) It adds more to the poem now that she has been relieved. It might be even because of your poem. Job well done. I especially liked the last stanza. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This poem is very well written,with the right skill and adequate emotion,one which is restrained and not all over.The phrase Beneath stoic caverns and disguised fears...was very very good,stoic cavern is a lovely phrase,very well thought out.Very well written.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on July 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 17, 2010

Author

Abdul Aziz
Abdul Aziz

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India



About
Hello there. I'm a medical doctor by profession, in search of a better career. Right now, my only pastime seems to be navigating around the vicissitudes of life. I'm passionate about computers and p.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..