How Much is Too Much? (Draft One)

How Much is Too Much? (Draft One)

A Screenplay by Dylan Hardcastle
"

A young boy falls in love with a young girl, only to have his heart broken in the end by and extreme secret side of the girl.

"

How Much is Too Much?



Story by Dylan Hardcastle

Script by Dylan Hardcastle





Setting

Small town in California. Current year. Jack is walking around his school campus when suddenly he runs into a young girl, Jenny.

 

Jenny

Oh! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to...

Jack

No. It was my fault, I’m sorry.

 

(They smile at each other. Cut to montage of them spending time togehter. Cut to Jack alone at diner.)

 

Waiter

Sir, I’m sorry, but if you aren’t going to order, then we need to take your table.

Jack

Oh. Um. Yeah, of course. 

 

(Cut to Jack laying in his bed. Phone goes off. He checks it.)

 

Jenny’s Voice

“Jack, I’m sorry, but I just cant do this anymore. I’m starting to have feelings for you that I have had before, and I just don’t want to get hurt anymore. I’m sorry. I hope we can still be friends.”

 

(Jack cries. Cut to the next day, at school. Jack is walking around and runs into Jenny again.)

 

Jack

Oh. Um. Hey.

Jenny

Hi. (pause) Haven’t seen you in a while.

 

Jack

Yeah.. I’ve been busy with school and what not.

Jenny

Oh. Hey listen...

Jack

Yeah?

Jenny

Nothing. Never mind.

Jack

No. What is it?

Jenny

Nothing, it’s stupid.

Jack

Just tell me.

Jenny

Do you... Do you think that you would be free tomorrow night?

Jack

Yeah. Of course.

Jenny

Okay, would you mind coming over?

Jack

Not at all. I’ll be there. 

 

(They hug. Cut to the next night. Jack knocks on Jenny’s door. Jenny opens the door.)

 

Jack

Hey...

Jenny

Hi... (she runs into his arms and begins to cry.)

Jack

Hey, hey, hey, tell me what’s wrong. Are you okay? 

Jenny

I just feel so lost. I feel like I have no where I can fit in. I feel like i have no one I can...

Jack

Hey, look at me, you’ve always got me. Always.

Jenny

(Barely getting her words out.) Okay...

 

(Cut to Jack laying in bed. His phone starts ringing. He answers it.)

 

Jack

Hello?

Jenny

(Crying) Jack...

Jack

Hey, are you okay? Jenny, it’s late, why are you awake?

Jenny

I can’t do this. I just can’t. I am tearing myself apart and I just, I don’t want to do it anymore. I don’t want to hurt...

Jack

Jenny... Where are you?

Jenny

I’m sorry Jack... (hangs up)

Jack

Jenny? Jenny?!

 

(Cut to Jack getting out of his car at Jenny’s house, running to the door. Her parents answer. They all run to her room where they find Jenny and a note. Cut to Jenny’s funeral. Jack steps up to the podium.)

 

Jack

How much is too much? This question seems to always go unanswered. Is it the same for everyone, or does everyone have a different breaking point. Jenny was a person that hit hers. It may not have been obvious, but she was always going through something. But she never wanted to hurt anyone, so she hid behind her smile. Her beautiful smile. But I could always see pass it. I knew it was only a matter of time before she hit her breaking point. I just wish I could have been there with her to help her through it. I just wish there was something I could have done. Jenny was beautiful. Jenny was in our thoughts. Jenny was smart. Jenny was funny. But most of all, Jenny was, is, and always will be... Loved.

 

 

 

 

 

FIN

© 2014 Dylan Hardcastle


Author's Note

Dylan Hardcastle
This is only the first draft of this script. I would love any criticism you have for me, as well as ways I could improve the script.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Free author website
Try us! FREE..Before you spend $1000s of dollars, spend 10 hours tinkering on Wordpress, or pay $20 a month for hosting.

Stats

131 Views
Added on October 13, 2014
Last Updated on October 13, 2014
Tags: Romance, Suicide, Relationship, Depression, Script, Screenplay

Author

Dylan Hardcastle
Dylan Hardcastle

Fresno, CA



About
I am a 16 year old student, writer, and actor living and acting in Fresno, CA. more..