train station

train station

A Story by adakaia

I am ruminant. I am at a transit station. Where travelers come and go. I people watch and think about the complex lives they may live once they reach their destination. My own destination unclear. My body repulses me. My skin wrinkled, my eyes shot. This place is neutral, and in between worlds. There is an element of foreignness to the people. Some dressed in robes, others in suits, and a cohort. A woman passes by, she looks exotic and has a raw sort of beauty. I let my mind drift as she walks by. Imagining us in bed. Then in a minute, she’s gone. Leaving a trail of longing. A man walks by with a parrot with bright colors. An eccentric, he murmurs to his bird. I am lonely and I want to return home. But my home is gone now, lost to the dark. As I wait, on the precipice of life, I find myself withdrawing. I feel more alone than ever, as I try and formulate who I am. I gradually realize, I can be anything, and anyone. And that makes the choice even harder. I feel dwarfed by everyone until one day I decide, with finality, I want to live in the shadows. Invisibility suites me well.

© 2019 adakaia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice writing. Strong and direct and intriguing. The scene stands alone whether there is anymore to it or not.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 7, 2019
Last Updated on August 7, 2019
Tags: nihilism, short story

Author

adakaia
adakaia

Boulder, CO



Writing
spirituality spirituality

A Story by adakaia