The Problem With Insanity

The Problem With Insanity

A Poem by Ditziie Carol
"

Not finished yet, going to add much more, but thought I would go ahead and post what I have

"

The problem with insanity is that it isn't glamourous the way movies portray. It isn't hours of passionate sex with a lover that makes your soul feel as if its on fire, nor is it mindless days spent starting out at the mesmirizing horizon of a peaceful ocean. It isn't hazy glimmering sparkles, laughing for no reason, taking an adventure and running with it. All of these things are good, yet there is nothing good about insanity.

It is a storm, and not the beautiful kind with gentle rain and rolling thunder, not the kind that washes away your sins,  that makes you feel as though there may be hope afterall. It is a destructive hurricane of emotions that never end, never stop, not when you eat, sleep, shower. Even your dreams are tainted by the cold, cruel nothingness that is this illness. It's rain drops pounding so hard against your bare skin that it stings, it's howling winds, sometimes screaming, sometimes whispering, but always there to tell you how worthless you are, you are a waste of space, you may as well go ahead and die, because you already did on the inside, and there is no shelter from it. It's wind that threatens to destroy you, waves pounding your battered, beaten mind into the rocky shore, painful and unrelenting. 

© 2014 Ditziie Carol


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this has put me under deep thoughts....you simply created an atmosphere of deep thinking for the reader.... loved the way you have some different examples to show us what truly insanity is.... loved the use of words.... the whole piece spoke to me... well done dear poetess....full ratings.... will be waiting to see what you add in it.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

as an insane person, i have to disagree...

the problem with insanity is that i am insane in the first place! :(

or maybe it's just the fact that it's tacky ...this insanity

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ditziie Carol

7 Years Ago

Yes that's definitely true!
😂

7 Years Ago

ha! THanks for the reply, have a good day :D
this has put me under deep thoughts....you simply created an atmosphere of deep thinking for the reader.... loved the way you have some different examples to show us what truly insanity is.... loved the use of words.... the whole piece spoke to me... well done dear poetess....full ratings.... will be waiting to see what you add in it.....

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2014
Last Updated on June 6, 2014
Tags: poetry, poem, insanity, depression, storm, feelings, realistic

Author

Ditziie Carol
Ditziie Carol

Nowhere Special



About
I'm dee. I'm a 24 year old girl from the south. my favorite things are reading, writing, anything horror, cartoon, cats, thunderstorms, weed, sleeping, bubble baths, chinese food, and halloween, more..

Writing