I Want Money

I Want Money

A Story by A. M. Holmes
"

Greed is one of the deadliest sins- it can even kill you.

"





I Want Money


Carmen de la Rosa Sanger Peters Anapopolis Rahim Maristin Johnson Ross so-on-and-so forth, etcetera, etcetera Weinstein had finally laid to rest poor, dear Leonard Weinstein, the former and now late CEO of the financial services of Weinstein, Sheckelman (husband number 9) and Johnson (number 6) in Greenwood and was on her way to the law offices of Ross (number 7, divorced him back ‘83), Jorgensen (number 8 for 6 months a year later) and Haims (he’s gay) to hear the will. Not that there were going to be any surprise, she already knew (with the help of an ex-husband whom she promised as a client her next victim) that all 900 million dollars in net worth, not including the stocks in some dynamic portfolios, were incontestably hers.

“And rightly so considering how hard I worked on this one,” she thought as she drove her silver-gray Porsche 911 down the road and into the tunnel. “I thought I was going to have to divorce this one before he croaked. Thank God, for the hidden dangers of prostate cancer and the over inflated male pride.”

At 46, Carmen was not getting any younger and found that staying that way was getting harder no matter how much money she had. The way she saw it, she probably had enough time for 2 or 3 more husbands (if they all lived) maybe even 4 (if any one of them didn’t). One good lucky strike that could knock the ball out of Yankee stadium would shorten that number to one or two if it became necessary. But, as she gave it another thought, that wouldn’t make it any where near as fun and enjoyable. The thrill in catching them, after all, is what helped make the time go by every time she found one of these lonely, pathetic and rich morons to marry. Yes, she’s been everywhere that’s anywhere several times over and even owns places there. She has plenty of toys, both the material and the living kind, and could always get new ones of either kind when she’s bored with them. Friends? As many as money can buy.

“F**k friends!” she answered that thought as it came up, “Actually, that is the only kind of a good friend, a ‘f**k friend’, ha ha ha.” She laugh aloud at her own joke as she was still trying to make her way down lower Manhattan and into the Wall Street district. “The sooner I get there, the sooner I can get out of this black s**t and on a plane for Sidney.” Australia was going to be her next stop. Seemed to her that she ran into a couple of promising prospects while visiting there last Summer. "A rugged Aussie type- that'll be exciting. Hell, I may even fall in love! Love, ha-ha-ha-ha, you're a real crack-up today, Carmen."

She finally arrived to the buildings where the offices were located and had the valet parked her car. Alone in the elevator, she noticed that it was only 8:40 in the morning and thought over possibly having breakfast at the “Windows” restaurant. She decided against it thinking better to grab a bite later. Carmen had noticed how beautifully clear the September sky was today and tried to remember if Spring was coming to the ‘down-under’ at this time. She didn’t care. All she knew was that by this time tomorrow, on the twelfth, she was going to be basking on some sunny beach, sipping her drink, and feeling the warmth of the South Pacific wind in her face. She checked her make-up before saying to herself, “In an hour I’ll be done here at the Twin Towers and on my way to JFK. With any luck, I’ll be a new bride by New Years of ‘02.”

At 8:46, the elevator stopped and the lights went out.



© 2009 A. M. Holmes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on July 16, 2009

Author

A. M. Holmes
A. M. Holmes

Dearborn, MI



About
Okay, I haven't really published anything yet and I write mostly for my own enjoyment, but that doesn't mean I never will (for otherwise why join this group) and that I don't wish others to read my ma.. more..

Writing