When you need to consult a TMJ Specialist?

When you need to consult a TMJ Specialist?

A Story by Advanced Dental Care Clinic
"

This is the most common TMJ condition which is highly associated with pain and discomfort of the muscles that move the jaws, as well as the muscles around the head, shoulders, and the neck.

"

First of all, what is meant by TMJ Specialist? Well - TMJ is a Medical Term connected with Dental Treatment.  When you have any problem connected with your face - particularly the teeth or jaw - you go to a Dental Clinic - is it not?

 

As the Medical Technology has advanced manifold, Dental Clinics have expanded the scope of their therapies and treatments, not only to the teeth but other problems related to your facial bones as well.

 

The term TMJ disorder will expand as Temporomandibular disorder disorder that relate to the jaw, as well as muscles, and facial structures that control the movement of the jaw. When these joints are in proper alignment with the skull, the result is a well-synchronised muscle action. Otherwise, some serious problems arise such as migraines, a clicking sound near the ear and sometimes, locked jaws etc.

 

What problems may arise?   

 

Myofascial pain- This is the most common TMJ condition which is highly associated with pain and discomfort of the muscles that move the jaws, as well as the muscles around the head, shoulders, and the neck.

 

Internal derangement of the joint- This is a condition that relates to the displacement of the disc of the joints, the jaw and the injury to the condyle or the round-like edges of the jaw joints.

 

Degenerative joint disease- This is a condition that is directly caused by osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis.

 

What are the causes of TMJ?

 

There can be many reasons for your getting the trouble of TMJ. Yet the following may be the possible causes generally diagnosed.

 

· Rheumatoid arthritis

· Dislocation or displacement of the disk that is situated in between the socket and the jawbone

· Trauma in the joints

· Malocclusion of the teeth

· Airway obstruction

· Injuries, including whiplash

 

What symptoms you will have?

 

Different persons have different symptoms and according to the majority cases reported to Dental Clinics experienced in this field, the following symptoms are noticed �"

 

· Headache and/or Migraine headache

· Clicking of the jaw

· Grinding or clenching of the teeth

· Limited Jaw motions

· Locking jaw

· Vertigo

· Ear pain or congestion

· Facial pain

· Breaking or cracking of teeth and restoration

· Interrupted sleep/insomnia/and nervousness etc.

 

How TMJ get diagnosed?

 

Experienced expert Dental Specialists have formulated standard tests and examinations, to find out if the patient has TMJ or not. Advanced Technological equipment are used for the purpose of diagnosis. Best part is latest diagnostics tools such as K-7 are used to record digitally, the jaw movements and teeth.

How TMJ Treatment is accomplished?

 

Experts at the Dental Clinic use their vast experience in treating every patient with care, according to the results obtained in the physical examination and analysis of the statistics collected. There are different types of treatments such as �" application of hot and cold packs on the affected area; trigger point therapy; exercises; modification of diets for the patient concerned; correction of postures to rectify the newly emanated troubles; relaxation of the temporomandibular joints etc.

 

There will be more complex treatments also such as �" physical therapy; modification of behaviour; asking the patient to wear certain devices specially needed for setting right the defects arising out of TMJ etc. Depending upon the condition of the patient, even surgery may also be required.

 

If need be sometimes neuromuscular orthodontics procedure may be undertaken. In some other cases, for the purpose of stabilizing the final occlusion, the Dental Specialist may also undertake a full mouth rehabilitation.  The recommended Treatment Procedure will be decided in consultation with the Patient concerned, after fully explaining the damages caused by TMJ and the appropriate procedures, therapies and treatments necessitated.

 

You can be sure of one thing. From the moment you step into the Specialist Dental Clinic you can feel that you are in safe hands and all your troubles arising out of TMJ will become a thing of the past.

© 2021 Advanced Dental Care Clinic


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

26 Views
Added on January 18, 2021
Last Updated on January 18, 2021
Tags: tmj dentist near me, dentures gold coast, wisdom teeth removal

Author

Advanced Dental Care Clinic
Advanced Dental Care Clinic

Oxenford, QLD, Australia



About
If you’ve had a bad experience in the past or are just not sure which dentist will make you feel comfortable using the best painless treatments available, how do you know who to choose? When it .. more..

Writing