2015

2015

A Story by Jakari Barnette
"

This is a letter to God expressing how I feel about 2015. Hope you enjoy

"

Thank you for another year for new opportunities and eye opening moments that make me more mature by the months. There has been many obstacles to overcome in the beginning when I only had an short amount of time in high school to get everything done and graduate. You gave me guidance and strength in order to get everything done. But, after I received my diploma I thought that would be done and complete. No more worries. Until, the summer was one of my high moments but yet my low. I thought I’d be able to experience the film industry but that hasn’t happened. It disappointed and leading into August was when I hit my absolute low. Depression is the darkest place anyone should never visit. You feel numb and cold like winter. Which was when I had to recover because I thought I would recover in the fall going to college. But, it became worse because of being away from home, living with strangers whom I didn’t know how to trust and having to start all over in a big city with an amazing school with enormous amount of opportunities. I just hope in 2016 and the years after will help me prepare for the future careers I want to conquer and fulfill. It is my dying desire to get them all done. I just don’t know how it will all be complete and if there will be enough time to complete it all. I want you to watch over me and tell me everything will be okay. I have faith that you will lead me to the right direction and open my eyes to the right passages for me to fulfill my dreams. Thank you for protecting from all evil. Thank you for keeping me around all love and beautiful positivity. I pray that you keep that positivity around me and hope that you see the visions in my head because I want them to come true so bad. Thank you God for staying by my side & thank you for another year to experience this journey we call life. 

© 2016 Jakari Barnette


Author's Note

Jakari Barnette
Please no rude comments

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
Added on January 1, 2016
Last Updated on January 1, 2016
Tags: 2015, Happy New Year, New Years, 2016

Author

Jakari Barnette
Jakari Barnette

Bowie, MD



About
I'm just here to express my thoughts. This seems to be my only therapy. more..

Writing
X X

A Story by Jakari Barnette