The Man and the Monster

The Man and the Monster

A Poem by Chris Agathos Black
"

Just something that was buzzing through my mind.

"
May 24, 2017.
The first dictionary definition of a man reads "a human being"....The societal definition of a man would beg to differ. Are we really human anyways? How much of a "man" must you be to be considered a human? I guess doing real man stuff such as not crying or being devoid of any real emotion qualifies me as human. What a sad way to live....knowing the only way you'll be accepted is if you're a lifeless drone.
The dictionary definition of a monster is "a very grotesque creature". That right there sounds more human than anything. We kill, we bash, we destroy, we ravage, and we don't care. Those are traits that describe a beast whose only aim in life is to piss himself a new territory. We take from each other, but swear that we're honest. We scoff at the less fortunate, but preach about how bullying is wrong. 
Long story short, the dictionary definitions of "man" and "monster" should  be swapped.

© 2017 Chris Agathos Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on July 23, 2017
Last Updated on July 23, 2017
Tags: Philosophy, Poetry, Slam, Humanity

Author

Chris Agathos Black
Chris Agathos Black

Detroit, MI



About
I write songs, poetry, and whatever's on my mind. I guess that's​ it more..

Writing