The Deities and the Buddhist

The Deities and the Buddhist

A Story by Christopher

I know what the gods think of me. They know when I say their names in vanity and recount their stories to their followers. Sometimes I find myself more versed in their stories than their followers. Then again ....it's the age of Wikipedia.
It's not that I don't respect them. I do. But I firmly believe we are just different life forms. Deities must exist, for not all that we see are all that exist. Regardless, I know they definitely do, one way or another, materialised or not. 
I don' think the deities know everything. They lead such different lives. How can any being absent of first hand suffering understand the nature of human life and in turn, offer salvation or any sort?
If deities underwent first hand suffering before achieving this....state of godliness, what is the difference between us and them? 
If they suffered as gods by having god problems, how are they relatable to humans by experience to give answers to our mundane, if not insignificant problems? Surely god problems transcend ours.
If not, then what's so special about being a god which goes through first hand suffering like us humans?
If a state of godliness was granted to them, who were the gods before them? Do we strive to be them? Why not seek help from the elder gods? 
If a state of godliness was cultivated, then why can't we? If they started out as humans and became gods, are we not already in the blueprint of becoming gods ourselves? 
If gods were truly invincible and powerful, why would they be worried or jealous or us mere mortals? 
I'm sure they exist. But we know nothing about them in a way they know less of us. 
We study animals but do we know them? Even then we get killed by animals. 
We are all just different life forms, going through different paths, with different views which become different believes. 
Some of their followers think I'm ignorant for they claim some knowledge can never be attainable by humans. It may be so, but I'm afraid living within speculation and feeling safe is not how the human brain was meant to operate.
Was it not this very defiance of enquiry that forms the basis of science?  
Now if monotheism joins us, I'm afraid I need to retire for the night first before talking to the Abrahamic prophets. They were very human you see and as a fellow human ...unfortunately we have much to talk about.

© 2014 Christopher


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on July 9, 2014
Last Updated on July 9, 2014