[untitled]

[untitled]

A Poem by Billy

    Imagine a long road that stretches on past the civilized world. It lifts up above the solid earth and soldiers on through fresh air that thins in your lungs, and the whole world inverts at the end. You won’t ever know where it really began, it will only go higher and higher into the infinite sky. Do you continue on into the deafening expanse of a thousand lifetimes lonely journeys all sitting side by side, or leap into the grass and watch the sultry swollen clouds and ponder rain?
    In a moment all of life and death could lay itself spread-eagled on the grass and expose all of its memories, but I spend my time only sitting on the fence, waiting for days to go by.  I won’t be persuaded to take any long winding journeys but still I have my feet hovering over the first step on this path. I watch the clouds and learn nothing, but still I feel I’m learning more and more everyday. And so I question myself, wondering have I been conditioned to search for all of the positive things in the world, to find them and use them for naught but new secrets and faces to hide?
    I can’t decide what crystal would look prettiest hanging on that girl I’ve known so long, but I know which would make her happiest. Still I succumb to the hindering feeling that all my eyes see can be seen by anyone, and love could come from all of the other men she’s met. The blank and long days I’ve spent whittle themselves away, discarding all of the pain and loneliness in favor of a more friendly view of the world, and all I have is to present it as truth to convince you of what I am worth.
    I Imagine a world where all of the people are crowded on one tired street corner, huddled in the rain. They all are connected by little lengths of string through each others ears and eyes. And in this whole world the possibilities are endless, but they choose to stay in this one spot till they die. All of them kick and scream and cry for the rain to stop, but should they only take a step from off the curb they would see that it really isn’t bad. And in this whole world only one man has ever gone off into the world, only to be shunned and disgraced as a traitor, abandoned by the only things in the world he adored. We all hated him into oblivion, spit on the thought of him sprouting in our minds. And now I feel only the path, stretching on and on. I still cannot choose, but while I ready myself to leap from this fence I find comfort in knowing I’m not all alone.

© 2008 Billy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on March 22, 2008
Last Updated on March 23, 2008

Author

Billy
Billy

levittown, NY



About
i write stuff alot, some of my favorite writers are virginia woolf and neil gaiman and philip pullman and e.e. cummings. i am pretty quaint...i don't do much that is interesting. i don't have a driver.. more..

Writing
[untitled] [untitled]

A Poem by Billy