MacBeth

MacBeth

A Poem by Emily Rose
"

A poem I wrote whilst studying for the AP English exam, written in rondeau form.

"

These lies spoken in confidence
Will silence loyalty's laments
And summon ev'ry demon vile
Replacing sanguine blood with bile.
And by employing ev'ry sense
(Including false omnipotence)
The rancor of the heart prevents
The scathing stench of guile.
All prophets false!
The bloody thrones bring no content!
With sanity's last resource spent,
O face the fatalistic trial!
Defended by a useless smile,
Avenge the deathless innocent.
All prophets false!

© 2008 Emily Rose


Author's Note

Emily Rose
So the night before the AP English exam I was looking over the terms in one of my many study packets and came upon a poetry form called a rondeau. After looking up some examples, I decided it would be fun to try my own and, having just recently read "MacBeth," I drew my subject from Shakespeare.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your word useage was fantastic. It sounded like the old master

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a fine little poem. i saw a local production of "macbeth" earlier this year. the final scene...with the head...the plastic head...on the stick...oh, lord, i couldn't stop giggling. i know it's not a funny scene, but the plastic head...oh...

yeah, good poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

While the content/spent/innocent is stretching the rhyme scheme a bit (I'm guessing the purists wouldn't accept this is as a de facto rondeau), you can't argue with the piece content-wise--it is, indeed, cliff notes for the play in verse-- nor the flow, which suggests a very harried MacBeth indeed. A very fine piece of writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I have read a few of yours and pardon my observation here but I feel like I am going through de-ja-vu. You do just fine as I am sure other pieces and such hath inspired thou. Write as thou... I want to see that. Pen the happiness, sadness, pain, love, loss of, death. You. I could be wrong... Just my honest observation!
Write hard!
G.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Well done, this sounds Shakespearean.
I can imagine it as something recited by the fool at the end of Macbeth.
I would almost believe that it was written by Shakespeare.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

If somebody handed this to me saying it was part of a long lost Shakespeare piece, I would believe them. Its so refreshing to read something that commands my full attention while reading and also teaches me a form I have yet to try. Thank you for posting it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a pleasure to read a formally written poem.You do the subject material proud Excellent word usage definitely A plus

Posted 15 Years Ago


So like Shakespeare. You do him well in this poem!
And it shows talent that you wrote it on
your own! I sure did enjoy!

Tina

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

241 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 21, 2008

Author

Emily Rose
Emily Rose

Mansfield, PA



About
Hey everyone! I'm back for the summer, so hopefully I'll be able to get back into my normal reviewing habits! I'm going to try to return reviews to people who review my work, and you can always se.. more..

Writing
Madness Madness

A Poem by Emily Rose


Fireworks Fireworks

A Poem by Emily Rose



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Beware Beware

A Poem by Emily Rose


Straightjacket Straightjacket

A Poem by Ari