Open Letter

Open Letter

A Poem by Aishwarya
"

This is an open letter written to the most happy person I have ever met. I bet you must have also met such a person in your life once.

"
Dear TheMostHappy Person,

I have always seen you happy. Joyful and smiling all the time. This energy is so infectious that everyone around you is left with no other option but to laugh. I can never imagine a moment when you or anyone around you is sad. You bring smile and spread it to everyone around you.

But today, I really want to ask you this question- " What are you hiding ? " 
Yes. Yes. I want to ask you this. Because I can see it in your eyes. You are shielding and protecting yourself. You are trying so hard from your side to not let that thing come to you . But what is it ? Speak up.

Because I have seen you not being sad when people laughed at you. Because I have seen you not being hurt when people you loved,left you. Because I have seen you not getting angry when things you wanted went opposite.

You just laugh off at everything. You choose the easy option. But you have lost. Your eyes have spoken up for you and I have heard them this time.

Stop showing the world that you are the strongest. You are actually the weakest person I have ever met. Running away from all the situations and concealing emotions inside your heart. Burst out. 

It is easy to laugh in front of thousands of people. But remember that it takes courage and strength to stand out and tell a person that you are not happy. You want to cry. Sadness is an emotion so give it equal importance.

You think that you have been burdened with tough situations, that every person you love will cheat and hurt you, and that every person you share yours fears and dreams will laugh off at you.

But no. Gather up courage and be strong and confident to show the world that no, nothing can scare you.

Share things. Don't think what others will think of you. Express your emotions. Tell what you feel. Because only then will your mind feel free. So open the cage where you have trapped your emotions and let happiness, sadness, anger and fear fly. Equally.

Love,
Aishwarya.

© 2018 Aishwarya


Author's Note

Aishwarya
Do let me know if you are able to relate to this one. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very true and motivation. Beautifull expresses the sensation of waves to go crest nd thought we deal with. Just curiosity enhanced by seeing letter to d happy person.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Aishwarya

6 Years Ago

thanks a lot :)
What a liberating write this is! It is so inhibiting to wear a veneer of 'normalcy', of happiness and calm even when it is tough, even when it is not obligatory. For that matter do we owe anyone our smiles- however painful they might be? I guess the answer is a resounding no. Very provocative write. Keep it up.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Aishwarya

6 Years Ago

thank you so much

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 30, 2018
Last Updated on March 30, 2018
Tags: happy

Author

Aishwarya
Aishwarya

delhi, hindu, India



Writing
Coffee Coffee

A Poem by Aishwarya