Election

Election

A Poem by Apollos
"

Did you choose Him or did He choose You?

"
You are not the Author of Sin.
You showcase the uncleanness of men.
You put a spotlight on the prison of treason.
You make a distinction between Egyptians and Free Men.

You are not a man that You should lie.
You are not a son of man that has a mind divided.
You multiply Your wonders through the hardened heart of a Pharaoh whose pride couldn’t let him see past the blunders.
You add not to our transgressions as Pontius Pilot saw no reason to stir up the violence.
You subtract those who see Your presence as a mirror and not a lens of Your Reflection.

They did not intend it for the good, but God used it to reveal His Personhood.
Satan offering false accusations towards a dead man from a different nation.
Joseph forgotten by the cupbearer of the king but God always saw him as His own Nazarene.
Free Barrabbus from sin so the Lamb can unlock what’s within.

Divine infatuation.
Repulsed by sin’s saturation.
Condensed by human limitations.
Eclipsed by The Son’s liberation.

Maybe the transgressions are another reminder of the lessons you need to start professing.
Maybe the depravity helps to see the gravity of The Battery God has given us to overcome the Sadducees.
If they don’t believe in the resurrection then maybe the Pharisees were meant to help correct our confession.
Working my salvation out with fear and trembling as I consider all those Seraphim assembling.

How providential that you’ve been made new with His initials.
His essentials of the good works He planned in advance with no issues.
If 7000 never found it consequential to bow the knee to Baal then maybe it’s time to get monumental and walk a mile in His shoes.
Predestined before the creation of the human race to be a reflection of His grace.

“So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.
And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were,
grace would no longer be grace.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭11:5-6‬ ‭

“What shall we say, then?
Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?
BY NO MEANS!
We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?
Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?
We were therefore buried with Him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a NEW life.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:1-4‬ ‭

© 2019 Apollos


Author's Note

Apollos
Everyone has criticisms and misconceptions about this topic so I decided to chime in.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ase
i feel like this poem is judging me and i kind of want to fight this poem in a back alley or something....

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Apollos

4 Years Ago

Very interesting.

How did you feel about the part that said “you’ve been made ne.. read more
 wordman

4 Years Ago

after i got saved i still sinned,,we do it daily
got to run see you later
we are sin,we was born into sin,it`s just part of the plan

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 wordman

4 Years Ago

this could be our second chance from a loving god
Apollos

4 Years Ago

So how will you be “you” if you’re living a different existence?

Is not our 2n.. read more
 wordman

4 Years Ago

i don`t believe god wants to kill us,jesus died because we was forced to be born in sin

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2019
Last Updated on November 13, 2019
Tags: Election, Martin Luther, Providence

Author

Apollos
Apollos

Lubbock, TX



About
In Christ I’m a Nerd-Jock-Poet-Zealot. I desire for others to find their unique identity in Jesus. more..

Writing
Harmony Harmony

A Poem by Apollos



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Christoph