Hopeless Romantic

Hopeless Romantic

A Poem by Apollos
"

My subtle Relationship Application overtly expressed.

"
Here’s one for the ladies...
Here’s my initiation of a Peggy Sue Dance so that when you message me how awesome this was,
I just might take a glance over how me & you just might have a chance.
If you’re older, just get a little bolder and recommend this to a Lil Sis who you don’t think is a Mis-tress.
Enough of the mis-fits...she doesn’t have to be that lady who’s looking for Tom Brady mixed with Slim Shady but perhaps she might want to kiss this after we Kissed Dating Goodbye.

I’m not going lie...
My opening line is going to be something like...

“Hey Sista I thought I’d come up to you and say I’d like to be ya Mista.”
I know that’s corny but aren’t you so tired of those guys who are so sure of themselves?
Boring ya to death with a Pauly Shore type of vibrato after he states some more claims of why he’s so macho?

I mean...I’ve got a lot to say over some tacos.
Put that Baja in my hands and I’ll be yo Head Hancho.
I know you’re falling in love so that’s why I just bought you another chocolate turtle dove.
Yes, please, give me another side hug.
Why of course we can watch You’ve Got Mail again as we sip from our matching coffee mugs.
I’m George Constanza mixed with Tony Danza while some might not stand ya for standing with a man who fills your life with stanza’s.

I believe in Serendipity because I’ll say, “You’re pretty”.
Take you around the City of Angels because Meg says “horses, horses” are the best things to ride when Seattle goes Sleepless.
Definitely, Maybe I might watch The Notebook.
You might get Frozen when I go on a rant about Kevin Durant but it will always end with PS I Love You.
Don’t worry if we buy a house because “we will rent to start”.
Not my only inspiration as I still get motivated when the Grinch’s heart grows 3 times larger when he played his part.

But I am buff...
I’m done with muffins and all that weird stuff.
Real tough on the YouTube streets.
I send such piercing comments that my opponents realize they’ve had enough.
Feeling inadequate as they lose their tact while talking to an addict who’s been stuck too long in the attic to defeat thoughts that appreciate his while dethroning his own.
Even if they are about that puff.
They get into quite a fuss when I express how love has standards when Christ didn’t pass that Cup.

I’ll be that family man who has no other demands.
Uncle Sam could never judge me enough to fight for freedom in a distant land.
I try and understand that life is not about being a fan with many Stans but leading as a man who has a plan.

So....was that cool?
Should I put a beat on it and post it on YouTube?
Was it McDreamy whilst keeping things Even Stevens that I made a Belieber out of you?
It’s from that “when you wish upon a star” attitude that I won’t get made at you,
Because that’s just rude...
This Hopeless Romantic will continue down Blind Avenue to find a date who isn’t glad it’s through.

© 2020 Apollos


Author's Note

Apollos
Every day I’m still single is an opportunity to grow into the person I want to be as I look for the person I want to be with.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Apollos
Apollos

Lubbock, TX



About
In Christ I’m a Nerd-Jock-Poet-Zealot. I desire for others to find their unique identity in Jesus. more..

Writing
Harmony Harmony

A Poem by Apollos